• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sit down, dim the lights, and listen to this: Half Light by Porcupine Tree.

MartinCliffe

Porcupine Tree are awesome. They do everything right, without all the pomp and pretentious crap that so often goes along with bands.

tnvol

Ufologist
That was awesome. I've never heard them before. Thanks for posting this. I'm def going to check them out.

DanHorse

That was awesome. I've never heard them before. Thanks for posting this. I'm def going to check them out.
That makes me happy!

If anyone wants to know what great tracks to look up of theirs, give me a shout.

MartinCliffe

Basically anything off their last four albums. But the Anaesthetize DVD would be my favourite place to start.

SlowJoeCrow

Gold Supporting Member
I've seen this DVD at a friends house a couple of times. They're really impressive imo.

I would love to be in a band/project like this.

john in san diego

clothwiring

I love Gavin Harrison's approach to drumming. He is insanely good but always seems to serve the song just right.

DonaldDemon

Anytime I hear someone complain there is no good music out there any longer I refer them to Porcupine Tree. They have it all.

JCM 800

Thanks for posting. Love Porcupine Tree. Some of the greatest new music out there these days.

Rockledge

I think Steve Wilson is the only guy from his generation or those that follow that really gets rock music.
I like most of Porc Trees stuff up until their last few albums, as well as some of Mr Wilsons solo work , No Man, and Blackfield.

Pork Trees music also sounds like it was recorded in a real studio, it doesn't sound at all like computer music, and it is not horribly compressed like most music past the 80s.

ChazMania

Gold Supporting Member
Love the Tree!!! I have been turning friends on to this band for awhile....which reminds me I need to get my Arriving Somewhere DVD back....

Trending Topics

Top Bottom