• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

sitar-like effect on "Come and get your love"

Niblos

Something has always bothered me and I can't seem to find it anywhere in past forums: What is the sitar-like effect used on such classics as Redbone's "Come and get your love" and Paul Young's Everytime you go away"? Even though a sitar may have been used in the recording session I remember seeing Young live in the mid-eighties at Duke and it was coming through the guitar. I just was curious?

XXTwighlight

Silver Supporting Member
Online quotes...

Lolly was one of the first to play his guitar through a Leslie organ speaker and his use of the electric sitar on Redbone's mega hit "Come and Get Your Love" was brilliant.

I love the vocal intro that segues into one of the classic guitar hooks of all time, guitar with a sitar sound effect on it.

• Lolly Vegas
  • Guitar, Vocals, Producer, Arranger, Sitar (Electric), Guitar (Leslie)

tjmicsak

Beatles- Help intro, mostly for that secret agent effect I think
What about "Every Time You Go Away"-Written by Hall and Oats and done by Paul Young
Recently Blake Shelton- "I'll Just Hold On"
It makes its voice known every now and again...
The ones you hear are the real deal or the Jerry Jones/Dano stuff

Last edited:

Bluedano1

Isn't that the Coral Electric sitar (its a Dano model with the buzz bridge? ) like used on other songs like stuff by the Boxtops, BJ Thomas ("Hooked on a Feeling") solo in Steely Dan's "Do it Again"? No?

Niblos

Cool - I really appreciate this. For years folks always told me it was some sort of flanger but we all know that ain't so.

Trending Topics