SKB pedalboards???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jkornel, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Jkornel

Jkornel Member

2. RDM

RDM Senior Member

I've owned several SKB cases throughout the years, but love my Pedal Pad. I hated not having the 2nd row of pedals elevated.

3. djbinzo

djbinzo Member

I am using one right now. The board itself functions great. The loop and power have been great. And I really like having the additional power outlets available. In stage settings with less than stellar power placement, I have found myself powering the bass and guitar players boards from mine.

My only complaint is that, with a full load of pedals, when carrying the board by the handle, the lid flexes a lot. It has never given me any trouble, but it does not feel very reassuring.

Hope this helps

4. Indianrock

Indianrock Member

I like mine. The only thing I'm not certain of is putting pedals on there, that are powered from the pedal board but not connected into the patch bay at all. My current rig is that way and the 100ma regulated pedal supplies cause a hum when hooked up that way. It may be that if you use the on board pedal power, all devices should be routed using the patch bay on the board.

My guitar can run with two guitar cords so I have one path into the patch bay -> pedal out> multieffect on the board>pedal in on patch bay. Powered by wall wart plugged into the board. Second cord goes to pedals powered from the board but not using patch bay at all.

5. crockett

crockett Member

I have one of these, it's very nice. I'd agree with no elevated 2nd row being a drawback, I have to put my lower profiled pedals up front. An easier way to route power supply connections would have been nice, too, but just for aesthetics. I haven't had any problems with it so far and it does what it advertises. Maybe only slightly oversized for my needs, otherwise no complaints.

6. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    As to the non-elevated back row, get yourself either a couples pieces of 1/2 or 3/4" plywood and glue them together and make a riser for your pedals. I have used 1" square aluminum tubing from the hardware store. Cut two piece to the length you need and then drill a few holes through the top of the tube and a smalle hole in the same spot through the bottom wall of the tube. Then use wood screws to screw it down and then run velcro or dual-loc on the top of the aluminum, presto-chango, a riser is born! In total probably less than $25 worth of material, less than one hour of work and it makes life easier. Another thing to do, is get yourself a piece of foam and lay it over your pedals before your install the lid. This will help hold the pedals in place while being transported.

TheGrooveking