SKB PS-45 pedalboard thoughts?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by iNate, May 5, 2016.

1. iNate

iNate Member

So I am needing a new board. The one I have now is crap with no case and is way way small. I know a guy who is getting rid of some of his gear and he said he would give me one his boards for a really good price. Its an SKB PS-45, and he said he would sell it to me for less than 100. Its in good shape, works, and he also has the top for it, which is essentially the case. I've heard awesome things about these boards, but some people say the built in power supply can get a little noisy sometimes, yet others say the perform flawlessly. I know some people are going to say, save up and for a little more you can get a pedaltrain and a voodoo power supply and that's the way to go but that's an extra 50 to 150, and maybe more. The SKB is bigger than I need, but thats alright because my board is still growing, and on down the road I'll probably get something nicer but for now, for less than 100, would you grab it??

2. iNate

iNate Member

Or for about the same price, I could grab a pedaltrain pt-2 but I would have to get a power source too. If anybody has a board they wanna sell, shoot me a message!

3. secreature

secreature Member

I have the SKB ps 45 for about 9 years now and it still works great. The power supply is not noisy. It's great for gigs and transportation of cables, straps, etc. I would get for that price.

4. bricel24

bricel24 Member

I've had one before and it's a great board. Tons of real estate, ins and outs and whatever else you need. Power supply was fine as well when I used it.

I finally gave it up after moving on to individual pedals (I had a Line 6 M13 + tuner + 2 exp pedals on it) and didn't need the entire space. And the damn thing is heavy, I got tired of just lugging it to jam sessions.