1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

SKB PS 45 Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GloryJones, Feb 16, 2009.

1. GloryJones

GloryJones Supporting Member

hey...just received this pedalboard in the mail. fully powered and everything. it says that it's 100mA MAX for the outputs..would this power my boss pedals, tube screamer, wah, and keeley katana, rat, etc? i noticed on the AC adpators that some of them are 200mA, 120mA, etc. i don't want to fry my pedals..lemme know what you think...it looks like a cool board

2. moo cow

moo cow Supporting Member

usually the mA's on the adapter are referring to the max amount of power it can supply. if a OD pedal only needs 15 mA's, then that is all it will draw even if the adapter is capable of sending 200mA's.
    you shouldn't have any trouble with the pedals listed.

3. iggs

iggs Member

There should be plenty of juice for all your pedals. Most OD, distortion and fuzz pedals draw only up to around 20mA. Same goes for Wah pedals or pretty much any analog phasers, flangers, choruses ... etc. Some vibes may draw up to 100mA and some delays, notably digital ones, can draw up to or more then 100mA.

If you're not sure, best thing is to contact the manufacturer and check for correct current draw.

This is what mine looks like and I'm daisy-chaining all dirt pedals and other ones as well without any issues. Maxon, Mojo, tuner and BS-2 buffer have their own taps.

[​IMG]

4. GloryJones

GloryJones Supporting Member

thanks, this helps. iggs: waht do you mean by daisy-chain? also, since you own the board, do you plug your amp in THROUGH the board, and thus plug your guitar in to the board? lemme know what you think works best..thanks again

5. iggs

iggs Member

Daisy-chaining: running more then one pedal from the same power supply output by using a multi-plug "daisy-chain" cable.

Yes, I use the patch bay on top of the board to plug into, connect to and from the pedals and connect to the amp.

6. 59Billy

59Billy Member

I came a cross a funny shapped Gibson guitar called the "Moderne". Ita figure is kewl but know real tone. Original pick ups are so la la. Its an eye catcher so peops are always checkin' it out.

What is one of these strangers to be worth today - its a perfect 81 Gibson Korina Moderne with OHSC - I am probably enbarassed to say what I paid but I love what it does in a crowd and even with the guys at rehearsel.

DO you havem or know about one?

Ciao,

59Billy

7. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard! You may want to start a thread for your question in the guitar forum. This thread is about an SKB pedalboard in the effects forum.