Skin Pimp Face Plant ~ Clip and Pics

todd richman

Great Fuzz Face tones. Ryan is tops in this market now and his builds and imagination just get better and better.

edkoppel

is your clip a very low gain setting?

Either way, Great sounding pedal!
Ryan's really on point right now.

dpeterson25

That was not a low gain setting. The settings in the photo are the ones in the clip. I am getting the MkII with the FF side this weekend if you guys would like clips comparing the two.

Also, I just play the way I play on these clips. If you want to hear a certain song or style I would be happy to make an attempt at it. The clips are also recorded bone dry with no compression, reverb, or delay. I normally have at least some of that going and could do some clips with a more "real world" sound if you guys wanted.

Anyway, let me know if you want that comparison. MkII should be here Saturday.

imguitardan

I am curious as to how that compares with the FF side of the old Skinbender.

Ryan said that the Skinbender FF has less bass b/c he HAS to use a 100k pot for the MKII while a FF uses a 500k pot which gives the FF it's woofy-ness. He did note though, that Eric Johnson prefers a 100k pot in his FFs. I've got a Skinbender on the way, I'm more of a Bender guy but I love the option of dropping a trannie for that FF style cleanup. Maybe his FF in the Skinbender is more like the Vox Bender?

dpeterson25

I am curious as to how that compares with the FF side of the old Skinbender.

Ryan said that the Skinbender FF has less bass b/c he HAS to use a 100k pot for the MKII while a FF uses a 500k pot which gives the FF it's woofy-ness. He did note though, that Eric Johnson prefers a 100k pot in his FFs. I've got a Skinbender on the way, I'm more of a Bender guy but I love the option of dropping a trannie for that FF style cleanup. Maybe his FF in the Skinbender is more like the Vox Bender?

I have the Skinbender/FF arriving in the mail today...could put up some comparison clips if you like!!! Just say the word, and any special requests for styles or tunes I will make an attempt at...

imguitardan

I have the Skinbender/FF arriving in the mail today...could put up some comparison clips if you like!!! Just say the word, and any special requests for styles or tunes I will make an attempt at...
Thanks!

I guess a straight full gain comparison with chords and riffs and then one where you compare the three stages of volume rollup (a FF generally does actual clean with the gtr vol at ~3, then it's OD at ~5-7, then FUZZ when maxed. Something in the classic rock vein?

Thanks again.

dpeterson25

Thanks!

I guess a straight full gain comparison with chords and riffs and then one where you compare the three stages of volume rollup (a FF generally does actual clean with the gtr vol at ~3, then it's OD at ~5-7, then FUZZ when maxed. Something in the classic rock vein?

Thanks again.
Good News: I'd be happy to make those clips, and include the Buzzaround if you'd like.

Bad News: MkII/FF did not in fact come today. Clippage will have to wait til Monday.

Trending Topics