• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Skreddy Cognitive Dissonance MkII Demo...

smogfalls

Yo,

So here's a seriously rushed clip of the brand new Skreddy fuzz pedal. (Don't let the "MkII" part fool you, this is a Big Muff style fuzz and an awesome one at that!)
Just got the pedal 2 hours ago and managed to get this recorded really quickly between wrapping my girlfriend's presents!
Anyway, I'm using the bridge pickup on my 62' Tele Custom into my Fender Deluxe Reverb w/Cannabis Rex speaker. (pickups in the Fender are Bare Knuckle Brown Sugars).
This pedal has a massive amount of gain to go at, but for this demo it's tamed down to half way ;)
What really surprised me right off the bat with this pedal is how articulate it is, even when you back off the guitar's volume a touch which is really rare with muff style pedals. I mess with the guitar's volume a bit in the demo to give you some idea of what I mean.
I think I may already prefer this to my Pink Flesh!

Here's the demo...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=901654

Cheers,
Xan :)

Last edited:

smogfalls

cogdismkii.jpg

(Those aren't the settings I used by the way)

smogfalls

as soon as I get my Pink Flesh back from Marc (on it's way) I'll do a comparison of the CogDis, Mayo & Pink Flesh. Should be an interesting one

zerorez

Nice Demo Smogfalls, Marc's pedals and Customer Service are always top notch!

My Lunar & Flesh are going nowhere! :D

Csapo

Platinum Supporting Member
Got on the list way back and almost forgot all about it. Even with a couple of updates from Marc, it has been out of mind.

Sounds better than anticipated and looking forward to the official release...

smogfalls

there isn't gonna be an official release for this pedal, it's a strictly limited edition for the people on the list.

nibus

Sounds awesome.

Is it just me or does it sound a little more like a Fuzz Face mixed with a Muff? More vintage sounding than the other Skreddy muffs I have played.

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
As usual, great clip. Wish I could get one, but any time I send skreddy a pm or email about any lists.....they go unanswered.

smogfalls

Cheers dudes, this really is a great fuzz. I'm using it all the time at the moment. Not sure if the lists for it are still open or not. Either way, don't give up on trying to contact him. It can take a bit of effort but I think he's just seriously busy at the moment and I guess lists for his pedals must be getting ridiculously big! :BEER

Trending Topics

Top Bottom