Skreddy Echo and Memory Lane 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vadsy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. vadsy

vadsy Supporting Member

I've been using the Skreddy Echo for my analog sounds but I'm seeing the need for a little more control, tap tempo and divisions would be nice. I recently tried out the MM1100TT but found it a little dark.

What other analog tap tempo pedals can sound like the Echo running at 18VDC?

I'm considering the Memory Lane 2 based on the higher voltage and repeats EQ knob. I found a decent YouTube clip but it would be nice to have some experienced folks chime in.

What about the JHS stuff, Panther Cub?

2. Paul Anderberg

Paul Anderberg Member

I like the ML2 better than the Panther Cub mostly because of the tone knob. Don't have any experience with the Skreddy

3. vadsy

vadsy Supporting Member

This is good to know. I often find analog delays to be on the darker side so having an option to change that is a good addition to the pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 9520575

9520575 Member

Skreddy echo is digital

5. Paul Anderberg

Paul Anderberg Member

But just know the brighter you make the delay, the more prone it is to oscillation (not sure if that's the way it is with all analog delays, but delays but definitely with e ML2)

6. vadsy

vadsy Supporting Member

I thought this might be the case but never wanted to believe it and treated the pedal as analog. Whatever it is I would like to find an analog alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

The ML is a great sounding delay for chewy analog sound. I had the 1st version and would like to have an ML2. They don't make them anymore though, as far as I know.