Skreddy Echo Versions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by traynor_garnet, Dec 19, 2009.

1. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

Have there been different versions of the Echo? I have a chance to buy one that was built in "early 09" but remember reading that some changes were made to the circuit at one point.

What are the difference between versions, how do you identify which version you have, and what sound change was involved?

Any info appreciated.
    TG

2. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

3. lv

lv Supporting Member

Search Marc's posts, he mentioned the changes at some point.

4. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Mine was made 12/08 and Marc wasn't sure if the changes had been made by then, so I sent it in for the update. I don't know the complete extent of the changes, but I know one major one was to reduce the noise a bit. Contact Marc, he will help you.

5. dsl

dsl Member

From 1/10/2009

"Yeah; it's about 4 right now for everything except Echoes, which are more like 4.5. This is because a lot of the delay is due to my tweaking the Echo circuit for more dry-tone clarity, less noise, more perfect volume matching (on vs off), etc. (all very subtle and obsessive detail-oriented stuff). I had also a very large batch of chips that were bad a few months ago and my main amp died, both of which threw me off my game, so to speak. To add to this, I've run out of the pots I use in the Echo and am waiting for a new shipment to come in next month. I have enough parts (hopefully) to fill all pending orders, but I had to put a moratorium on all dealer orders for Echoes until those pots arrive."

- Skreddy

6. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

Is yours there right now? If so, let me know if the changes were or were not already done.

Thanks for the response,
    TG

7. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

I searched but cannot find anything . . .
    TG