Skreddy Echo VS. Blackbox Quicksilver

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Kayzer, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Kayzer

Kayzer Member

Somebody has an idea how they compare? They looks really similar to me beside the short and long delay option via footswitch on the quicksilver...!

2. Kayzer

Kayzer Member

3. Franktone

Franktone Member

I really like the sound of my Quicksilver, especially like the modulation sound it has on long delay. The Quicksilver also has an internal loop you can use to inject in some compression to further the tape sound. The Quicksilver goes through batteries, so it's best to power it with a transformer.I haven't tried the Skreddy, but people on these pages say it sounds quite good for a tape sound.

4. Kayzer

Kayzer Member

Thanks i also got the quicksilver and it is definitly a keeper i am just wondering if it really worth to own the skreddy aswell but they look just too similar and have nearly identical controls even the wobble control on the skreddy...

5. erksin

erksin Member

Me and Purple A/B'd them a few months ago - I seem to remember them sounding fairly similar, with the edge going to the Skreddy. I thought the modulation was sweeter and more natural sounding on the Skreddy and it sounded more authentic for tape sounds. The Quicksilver sounded really good though - I was impressed with it.

6. catalinbread

catalinbread Member

I concur.

7. Kayzer

Kayzer Member

thanks for the info, i think i will keep my quicksilver and donÂ’t pull the trigger for the skreddy because I am super happy with the quicksilver and it sounds amazingÂ…