skreddy echo

melven62

anyone still using a skreddy echo?
im looking for something to fill the shoes of my big box DMM. it'd be nice to have something to swap in and out with the DMM.
skrecho good for that role or maybe even the XVive memory analog delay?
the demos sound nice but the mod seems to be a little crazy? do the controls on the skreddy's mod have a nice range for a nice dmm vibrato sound?

Go for it, there is an external trimpot that allows you to control the range of the modulation, makes it much more useful. It's a beautiful delay that I will never be without, I can't recommend it enough.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
Skreddy Echo is a very warm, nice sounding delay. It has tons of modulation, much more than I use most of the time. So I keep it quite low. I'm happy with this delay and doubt Xvive delay is on par with it.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry for the duplicated post. Probably I wanted to show how much I love Skreddy Echo. :)

triviani

Silver Supporting Member
Skreddy Echo is a very warm, nice sounding delay. It has tons of modulation, much more than I use most of the time. So I keep it quite low. I'm happy with this delay and doubt Xvive delay is on par with it.

Are you using it with bass?

PerFusionist

Silver Supporting Member
I wouldn't say it's a direct replacement for a DMM. Maybe you're looking for something slightly different? This video is a pretty good comparison:

That said, the Skreddy is a fantastic pedal. I've had mine for something like 6 years now and have had basically zero delay GAS since. I turn it on every time I play.

And NTIP is exactly right on the modulation:

Go for it, there is an external trimpot that allows you to control the range of the modulation, makes it much more useful. It's a beautiful delay that I will never be without, I can't recommend it enough.

Looks like I'm playing the role of trimpot evangelist, but for real, give it a tweaking and you'll find the modulation much more usable.

mdmack

Another Skrecho fan here. I use a DD-500 for alot of my delay needs because I need precice tempos and have the whole MIDI thing going, but for that DMM wall of sound/floating on the clouds with baby unicorns thing the skrecho is really hard to beat. It doesnt sound exactly like a DMM but its got "that feel" that just makes everything right. I will NEVER say I love a delay as much as my big box DMM, but for the size/money/and feel the Skrecho is going to be hard to beat.

SmallStones

such a great sounding/playing delay. Really fun trying modulation pedals in the wet loop as well. and delays. and pitch shifters.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
It is a great delay, and I don't find the modulation crazy at all. With the intensity and rate knobs, you can control the modulation pretty well.
Since it is a Skreddy, it is no surprise that it is great with fuzz and distortion, but it is probably the best I've owned at working with fuzz.

Skreddy

such a great sounding/playing delay. Really fun trying modulation pedals in the wet loop as well. and delays. and pitch shifters.

Super whacky with pitch shifter in the loop! Your repeats veer off as they regenerate (either up or down depending on the shifter setting), and it's like a kooky Nintendo game. Also a clean octave gives you that "crystal palace" (or whatever) effect. My favorite thing in the loop is still phaser, though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom