skreddy fuzz pedals

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
I think the screwdriver is his most unique
the SD is not quite a fuzz, so to speak,
as amazingly useful (to me) & musical a pedal as it is.
i still love my Skreddy Mayo, which has been on my board for a coupla yrs,
at this point.
dt / spltrcl

Dale

I would guess best depends on what you want from the pedal. I like the Lunar Module and Screwdriver here. I would not mind finding one of his muff style pedals for a reasonable price but have not been lucky with the search so far.

deathbyska76

id say Screw Driver, because of its versatility. I can get a nice fat lead fuzz out of it like on my Lunar Module, without it getting over the top. That being said, its a HYBRID fuzz/od. so it really doesnt count.

i realllly like the Lunar Module

ramiam69

strange...
i expected the muffs, and especially the pink flesh to star here, but most of you guys seem to like the lunar module the most...

CitizenAudio

The Lunar Module is Skreddy's best pedal.

Though Marc claims the Pig Mine is the present culmination of his experience as a builder.

pulse.

Gold Supporting Member
For now Mayo is the King for me,
but on a couple of months (when a LM and Zero)
land here on Greece, I'll have a better opinion

Jules-RM

I'm going to be the black sheep and say the "Top Fuel". I've tried a few and this was the best one on my setup.

tri99er

I just had the Mayo/Ernie/Zero on my board to do a comparison, and I place them:
1. Ernie 2. Zero 3. Mayo

I have also had the rest of the Skreddy line, and my favorites are the Ernie, Zero, and Pink Flesh. My least favorites were the Top Fuel, and Mayo.

But they are all amazing pedals, and unless you have 3 or more to compare to at the same time, you wouldn't be so picky.

Skreddy makes some of the best pedals hands down, to choose one over the other is simply personal preference, and shouldn't steer you away from any one pedal.

huskerjohn

I've had the good fortune to have owned four Skreddy pedals and currently own three.

I agree that the Screw Driver is a unique pedal but not really a true fuzz tone. That said, I think it's Skreddy's best pedal.

For fuzz I really like the Lunar Module. It is very flexible and has geat tone no matter how you dail it. I had the Mayo for a while, but the Dice Works Finale was better so the Mayo was traded away. The Mayo was still an excellent pedal worthy of the praise it gets.

Skreddy makes some of the best pedals ever made in my book.

hathisisfunnyha

Silver Supporting Member
IMHO Marc makes Fuzz to suit the needs of specific sounds. You can't say one is better than the other because they aren't comparable.

It's like comparing the BJFE OD's - they aren't going after the same thing, but unique takes on them

object47

Lately, I've been dividing my time between the cogdisII and the lunar mod dlx. Both are incredible. That being said, for nastier fuzz, the zero, ernie, and ?lady each do unique and wonderful things. I have yet to try a mayo, mayonaisse, or pink flesh. I've had a couple screw drivers that didn't do it for me and a top fuel that I'll probably sell when my pigmine arrives....

Trending Topics