• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Skreddy LM & PM - or something else?

MarkF786

Silver Supporting Member
I've been dabbling with a lot of overdrive pedals lately but I'd like to get more into fuzz. Actually, I probably prefer fuzz more than overdrive, but the only fuzz pedals I currently own are a Diceworks Muff Diver and a EHX Little Big Muff. I'd like to experiment with other fuzz tones and I've heard great things about Skreddy fuzz pedals.

I'm thinking of ordering both a Lunar Module Deluxe and a Pig Mine - but I'm wondering if there are other similar fuzzes that are in similar price range and immediately available (instead of waiting 5+ months).

So what say you: order the Skreddys and wait, or buy something else?

Mark

wck

Monsterpiece doesnt have a 5month wait.. Shd be just a couple of weeks.

I have a 2 headed monster (NPN/PNP), great sounding fuzz! Go check out his myspace for his pedals.

U can get skreddys 2nd hand if u dont want the wait, the prices shdnt be too jacked up now.

MarkF786

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the tip on Monsterpiece; I hadn't come across his stuff before.

How about the Blackout Effectors Twosome? It seems like it's a pretty darn versatile fuzz.

Farbulous

the twosome is fantastic. a muff side and a proprietary circuit that they created. both are extremely loud and extremely tweakable and usable. I'd heartily recommend. Also look into the Analogman Sunface NKT-275, or any NKT-275 fuzz like the Fulltone '69 or the OXFUZZ if you're into germanium fuzz face tones. otherwise something like a BC108 fuzz... FoxRox Hot Silicon or something similar. there's always Tonebender style as well - the Throbak sTonebender is a good place to start for that.

sutherland

How about keeping the Diceworks Muff Diver and landing a Analogman BC108 Sunface for your Fuzz Face tones?

MarkF786

Silver Supporting Member
How about keeping the Diceworks Muff Diver and landing a Analogman BC108 Sunface for your Fuzz Face tones?
For Big Muff tones, I do really like the Diceworks so I'm looking to explore new areas of fuzz. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Fuzz Face, Tonebender, or other style fuzzes. The Buzzaround also looks cool, especially since I'm a huge Fripp fan, but I wonder how similar it is to the Big Muff sound.

Mark

Top Bottom