• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe and Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe

rks89

No. One is a silicon FF and the other is a Tonebender.

The Scarab will get gritter/nastier, the LM smoother and less gain. Both sound good. Can get decent Low gain from both (Favor the LM for this).

tnt365

I couldn't get very good low-gain out of the Scarab, the LM covered what the Scarab did and more for me.

tubetone74

Silver Supporting Member
I realize they are made from different fuzz "platforms" but I thought they might overlap some.

PlexiFuzz

I know karate. Voodoo, too.
I realize they are made from different fuzz "platforms" but I thought they might overlap some.
Just got through playing both for a good while. There is minimal overlap in my setup. The SD is always more aggressive and in your face, while the LM has a smoother, darker overall tone. I mainly use the LM for straight fuzz face tones with more EQ control and I use the SD for gated, Velcro style stuff (it does PLENTY more, but that's how I typically keep it set).

tnt365

Just got through playing both for a good while. There is minimal overlap in my setup. The SD is always more aggressive and in your face, while the LM has a smoother, darker overall tone. I mainly use the LM for straight fuzz face tones with more EQ control and I use the SD for gated, Velcro style stuff (it does PLENTY more, but that's how I typically keep it set).
Interesting, I use a Fuzz Factory for velcro-fuzz and didn't really apply the SD for that use. I really liked the SD FWIW, it sounded a lot fuller and hotter then the LM on most settings, but I like the cutting quality of the LM in a mix.

PlexiFuzz

I know karate. Voodoo, too.
Interesting, I use a Fuzz Factory for velcro-fuzz and didn't really apply the SD for that use. I really liked the SD FWIW, it sounded a lot fuller and hotter then the LM on most settings, but I like the cutting quality of the LM in a mix.
I know that's not its main thing, but with bias at 8-9:00, tone cranked and the bass dumped it really does a nice job of it for me.

Trending Topics