1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe and Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tubetone74, Feb 5, 2012.

1. tubetone74

tubetone74 Member

Are these very close in the sounds they produce?

2. rks89

rks89 Member

No. One is a silicon FF and the other is a Tonebender.

The Scarab will get gritter/nastier, the LM smoother and less gain. Both sound good. Can get decent Low gain from both (Favor the LM for this).

3. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

I couldn't get very good low-gain out of the Scarab, the LM covered what the Scarab did and more for me.

4. tubetone74

tubetone74 Member

I realize they are made from different fuzz "platforms" but I thought they might overlap some.

5. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

Just got through playing both for a good while. There is minimal overlap in my setup. The SD is always more aggressive and in your face, while the LM has a smoother, darker overall tone. I mainly use the LM for straight fuzz face tones with more EQ control and I use the SD for gated, Velcro style stuff (it does PLENTY more, but that's how I typically keep it set).

6. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

Interesting, I use a Fuzz Factory for velcro-fuzz and didn't really apply the SD for that use. I really liked the SD FWIW, it sounded a lot fuller and hotter then the LM on most settings, but I like the cutting quality of the LM in a mix.

7. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

I know that's not its main thing, but with bias at 8-9:00, tone cranked and the bass dumped it really does a nice job of it for me.