Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe and Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tubetone74, Feb 5, 2012.

1. tubetone74

tubetone74 Supporting Member

Are these very close in the sounds they produce?

2. rks89

rks89 Member

No. One is a silicon FF and the other is a Tonebender.

The Scarab will get gritter/nastier, the LM smoother and less gain. Both sound good. Can get decent Low gain from both (Favor the LM for this).

3. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

I couldn't get very good low-gain out of the Scarab, the LM covered what the Scarab did and more for me.

4. tubetone74

tubetone74 Supporting Member

I realize they are made from different fuzz "platforms" but I thought they might overlap some.

5. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

Just got through playing both for a good while. There is minimal overlap in my setup. The SD is always more aggressive and in your face, while the LM has a smoother, darker overall tone. I mainly use the LM for straight fuzz face tones with more EQ control and I use the SD for gated, Velcro style stuff (it does PLENTY more, but that's how I typically keep it set).

6. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

Interesting, I use a Fuzz Factory for velcro-fuzz and didn't really apply the SD for that use. I really liked the SD FWIW, it sounded a lot fuller and hotter then the LM on most settings, but I like the cutting quality of the LM in a mix.

7. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

I know that's not its main thing, but with bias at 8-9:00, tone cranked and the bass dumped it really does a nice job of it for me.