Skreddy Lunar Module Vs Fulltone '70

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Skeletron, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Skeletron

Skeletron Member

Which pedal would you choose and why?

Which one is more aggressive sounding?

I'd love to hear from any one who has both.

Thanks!

2. LSGoCards7

LSGoCards7 Member

Lunar Module for me. I liked it better head to head and I thought it was more tweakable.

3. huskerjohn

huskerjohn Member

I've had both and currently have the lunar module. I traded away my 70 over a year ago so my memory may not be exact.

The 70's pedal can be very very aggressive. The thing I didn't like about the 70 pedal was the oscillation and snarly sounds that the pedal would produce. It was designed to do this by having mismatched transisters. Perhaps my 70's pedal had extremely mismatched transisters because it was difficult to tame. When tamed the pedal had a lovely and creamy fuzz tone like the clips on the fulltone site.

The lunar module is also aggressive. It has a couple of trim pot inside that allow you to really control the amount of agressiveness from the pedal. I keep mine at the stock setting, but you can make it more agressive by a simple adjustment. For a Si fuzz, it works well with my wah which is another reason why it's a keeper.

4. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

I have not tried the Lunar Module yet, but do plan on ordering one soon. I also currently have a Fulltone 70 and I would never part with it as it is a most excellent FuzzFace. I love it's versatility, it can get very aggressive when maxed, but when run the gain at 2:30-3:00 it remains very smooth and sings sweetly and cleans up to a sparkly clean with a nudge of my Strats volume knob.