Skreddy P19

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rage, Jan 27, 2012.

1. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too. Silver Supporting Member

Will this pedal still prefer a clean platform or will it do better with dirty amps?

2. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

The pig mine, to date, has still been my favorite muff clone. Had a Zero, SUF civil, LBF. All I even wanted was:

-Nicer lower gain tones
    -a more pronounced difference in tone with the lean/fat switch.

Would it be safe to say these are the changes in the p-19 Marc?

3. SUPERMUFF1

SUPERMUFF1 Member

This sounds great...really looking forward to this one....except i need more fuzz pedal space.

this is getting ridiculous I think Ill have to set up a separate bank account entitled FUZZ as part of direct deposit. Good fuzz is like crank just more expensive....;) thanks Marc

4. Skreddy

Skreddy Supporting Member Vendor

The functional range on the sustain control does go a lot lower; and the tone has a subtly but noticeably clearer nature. The transistors do less of the distorting in this one and let the diodes do their clipping in a more precise way. I still use my secret sauce diode combination for ever-so-slightly asymmetrical clipping, just to keep it interesting.

I don't know how much you'll appreciate the effect of the flat/hump switch; it's roughly the same difference (though this tone stack does have a different basic formulation). I only put as much boost into that switch as I think will be needful while keeping its essential nature intact. It's there to pop up the mids, just enough, to keep from getting swamped in a live mix, but not to give you two different sounds.

I actually experimented with a more powerful form of the switch a few years back, a double-pole, double-throw switch, just to be able to have total control. But I didn't think it needed be so dramatic after playing with it for a few minutes.

5. mmolteratx

mmolteratx Member

Sorry, owned a Pig Mine and currently own a Mayonaise MKII, Pink Flesh MKII and Cog Dis MKIII and they're different but none is leaps and bounds better than another. The Pink Flesh actually has the least amount of bass out of all of them and is a bit thinner. Awesome for leads but probably my last choice for any sort of rhythm work. Mayonaise MKII is a killer rhythm pedal but is a bit too chunky for leads and is a bit too smooth for me. Cog Dis is the perfect middle ground with chunky lows, aggressive and present high mids and some sizzle in the highs without being nasty and shrill. Pig Mine was somewhere between the Cog Dis and Pink Flesh. All killer pedals.

6. MotorCityMatamp

MotorCityMatamp Member

i had a pig mine when it came and it was a good pedal, just not for me, it was a bit to gainy for my taste. when i heard about the P19 from marc a few days ago, i had the feeling this how i wanted my pig mine to sound. it comes to no surprise that i ordered one on the spot. i can't wait to hear it in about two months. that being said, i tip my hat to marc.

7. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too. Silver Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm bumping myself.

8. Liquid_Mojo

Liquid_Mojo Supporting Member

For the most part, I agree with your assessment of the PF MKII, and Mayonaise MKII. However, if you have an original PF, I did an comparison with the Pig Mine, and I though the PF was better. I also prefer the original Pink Flesh over MKII. The MKII has more gain, less volume, and I love the searing lead tone you can get with that pedal. The Mayonaise is about as close as you can get to an original triangle Muff. It's very scooped, but can be tamed for some creamy lead work.

I think Zosozep was referring to the original creations of the Mayo, and Pink Flesh. I preferred both of those to the Pig Mine, but the Pig was a good replacement for the Pink Flesh and it's a good pedal if you didn't want to fork out the $ for the original. Now that it's retired, I don't see the prices hitting Pink Flesh prices, but more then what they used to go for.

I have a feeling the P19 is an upgrade to the Pig Mine. If I wanted the Pig Mine, I'd buy the P19.

9. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Liquid Mojo, Thats exactly what I meant. Not trying to step on feet but Ive been here long enough to know that if you give someone a reason to kick you to the curb, they'll do it. Ive owned many Skreddy pedals and loved them all. The PM was not one of my favorites so with this new P19 im eager to try one! Im waiting to hear a clip or video first before I pull the trigger. Marc has been good to me and I have bought quite a bit of stuff from him. Thanks for the open mind!

10. I'm Incinerator

I'm Incinerator Supporting Member

This looks interesting! I dig my Cog Diss MKIII a great deal. Though, I still kick myself in the pants for not ordering a Mayo when I had the chance! I still want a screwdriver baad...but alas that must wait. Too many good fuzz and dirt pedals out today.

11. Zeon45

Zeon45 Member

12. Liquid_Mojo

Liquid_Mojo Supporting Member

No problem.:aok

13. Skreddy

:agree

14. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

send one here and i'll make you a dozen :beer

15. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

I think the volume knobs are different... the total output of the mkI and mkII are the same maxed different throughout the sweep. Linear and log taper pots or whatever... :beer

16. teleclem

teleclem Member

Makes me want my Pig Mine back. haha

17. Rage

Rage Member

Any clips yet?

18. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

I don't think any have been shipped yet?

19. succor

succor Member

I think marc has one.

20. Skreddy

I think it would be cool to make a nice audio track and then just put a pic of the pedal with its knob settings as the video (definitely not interested in making a clip with either a camera mic or a direct-to-pc arrangement). Don't have a recording rig nor movie-making software at the moment. Likely I'll get something recorded soonish (gotta borrow that recording rig again).