Skreddy P19

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rage, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Skreddy

Skreddy Supporting Member Vendor

You need to go to the post office and pick it up, I think. I'll send you tracking info, but evidently your carrier attempted delivery once and supposedly left a notice.

2. mike361

mike361 Member

I think this will be a great pedal but i sure don't see a reason to say it will be better (or worse) than the Pig Mine. Different of course and that's great. That's what drives us to buy new stuff. I have the PM and always ran it on my twin type amp with a strat, but for kicks one day moved it to a HRDX that I traded some drums for. Using a p90 equipped Gibson it was smoother and more like a traditional fuzz with good bite to it. I always liked it before but the difference to me was not expected. Just goes to show changing up gear can make a huge difference. I will not be selling the PM. (unless it skyrockets and I can't help it):rotflmao

3. duaner58

duaner58 Member

It wasn't the final notice, why wouldn't they redeliver it then? Chicago mail BLOWS.. I cannot begin to tell you the issues I have had .

4. Skreddy

Skreddy Supporting Member Vendor

I've had same experience. Don't know why, but maybe they get a bit of pleasure out of making people drive to the post office.

5. cpricecpa

cpricecpa Member

They will attempt a second delivery 5 days after the initial notice. You can also schedule a redelivery online.

6. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

The Pig Mine sounds good with a clean boost.

7. stellablue

stellablue Member

Alrighty then , jonesin for a clip of this thing. Mine is on order.

8. duaner58

duaner58 Member

Still waiting for the post office to get back to me on where mine is.. they don't have it at the actual post office and it doesn't seem to be enroute to me either. Sweet times

9. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Member

I got my P19 this morning, so I figured I'd share my initial impressions. I'm not great at writing up reviews, so I'll keep this short...

First, having owned both, I'd say that Marc's comparison of the P19 vs. the Pig Mine is spot-on.

The P19 is lower gain than the PM, but it still has tons of sustain on tap (more than enough) and sounds awesome for leads - to me, the lower gain is definitely a good thing in this case.

The tone knob offers a wide range of sounds, all of which sound great. My personal preference thus far is at about 2o'clock...perfect for the obligatory "Today" riffs. The mid/flat switch is a nice bonus - the flat setting sounds very good, but the Mid setting was the clear favorite in my setup.

So, to sum it all up...great pedal, exactly as advertised, and one that I would reccomend. Also, just in case it's pertinent, I was using my Les Paul and PRS through a Mesa Roadking, Clean channel (100w setting w/6L6 tubes).

10. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait!

11. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

Can we get a pic of the real thing too? Can't wait for mine!

12. wenbinbin2010

wenbinbin2010 Member

You have a pedalboard to die for....Glass Nexus, Timeline, Space, and THEN all your drives/fuzzes...

13. duaner58

duaner58 Member

USPS has turned this into a fiasco.....however I just want to give some props to Marc's customer service and his help on dealing w/ them!

14. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Member

I completely agree that Marc is top-notch when it comes to customer service. I've never had a quality problem with a Skreddy, so that helps, but in a case where shipping was delayed less than 5 days he took the time to reach out and communicate the delay. Small gesture, but one that not all builders take the time to do.

@SixDemonBag - I'll try to snap a closeup tonight. I took a look at the insides and as to be expected it is a really clean build. Some may argue that this has no impact on sound quality, but to me it is an indication of the time and high attention to detail that was spent in the construction.

@wenbinbin2010 - Thanks for the compliment! It's probably overkill in a lot of ways, but it is tons of fun.

15. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Member

Here's a few pictures:
    [​IMG]

Gutshot
    [​IMG]

16. corbs

corbs Supporting Member

Looks better than I thought! Congrats on the new Skreddy !

17. stellablue

stellablue Member

What kind of transistors does it use?

18. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Any videos out yet?

Nice wiring. Wonder if Marc uses a kick chart for them kicks and offsets on them wiring bends? You measure your offset then multiply by 1.42 and that will give you your run on a 45 deg offset. 2.0 for a 30 deg bend. Lol!

19. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

We want clips! We want clips!!

20. ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP Supporting Member

Can't wait for mine! actually; I'll have to, as I have another 5-6 weeks...