Skreddy Pedals & Screw Driver

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by James V, Mar 2, 2008.

1. James V

James V Member

I want to give praise to the Skreddy Screw Driver and Marc the man behind Skreddy Pedals.
    First, I would like to thank Marc for his exceptional customer service. I purchased the Screw Driver used. The dealer that sold it to me did not inform me that the brilliance trim pot did not work properly. It could be that he did not know, but he also did not respond to my e-mails either. Not good service either way. I e-mailed Marc. He automatically said "send it back". I sent it and he fixed it free of charge. He also paid for return shipping. This was all done in one week. Ok...now that is great service. WOW! Service cannot be better than that.
    Now to a review of the Screw Driver. I know that it has been reviewed before, but I must concur with the others in saying that it is a great overdrive pedal. It borders on fuzz with the use of the pre gain trim pot. I think it is well suited for both lead and rhythm. It gives you subtle overdrive to a screamer with ease. I must admit that it does take time to dial it in for the exact sound. It could also be that I am always tweaking with it. I am just really enjoying the sound of it.
    Overall, I am impressed with the pedal and the man.
    Thanks for reading.

2. Rock72

Rock72 Member

Hi James,
    thanks for the review. The screwdriver is one fine pedal for sure :AOK.

Christian

3. rewog

rewog Member

I've had a similar experience with Marc over a used pedal.
    Great guy with the best customer service... and a great pedal !

:AOK

4. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

Marc's awesome to deal with for sure. I'm excitedly awaiting my 4th Skreddy pedal, and I have a feeling that one won't be my last either.

I think the Screw Driver is absolutely at the top of the OD heap.

BAN

5. john b

john b Supporting Member

Nice review. It gets me even more hot and bothered about the SD I'm waiting on.

6. Julia343

Julia343 Member

I've had one for a few months. I've been playing mostly hard and high gain, but recently decided to do some more bluesy stuff, and backed it off. Wow. This thing is versatile.

7. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

skreddy is the man for sure. I've tried heaps of overdrive and fuzz pedals and I found myself selling all but my skreddys! The mayo is still my all time favourite pedal. A true thing of beauty! And again, he is a great guy to deal with.

8. Blunder

Blunder Supporting Member

The Screwdriver has beat out MANY other od's I've had. It's been on my board for well over a year now. My favorite od pedal ever.
    Marc is a real cool guy to deal with as well. Glad to see his business doing well.

9. erksin

erksin Member

The Screw Driver just beat out a Dirt Royale w/Cheeze, a CoT50 Red, and a Fulltone '69 for top 'dirty booster' spot on my board. One of the most versatile sounding drives I've ever played. Rarely does one box do so many things so well in my experience.

[​IMG]

10. btmish

btmish Member

You guys are killing me! Mine should be coming soon, I think I ordered it about two months ago. I did get a Zero today and it's sweet. Interestingly, I opened it, and it was made in Jan. 08. Hmm, I thought those were retired. Are you reissuing them Marc?

11. emjee

emjee Member

I just got my Mayo last week, and it is flat outrageous!! I cannot BELIEVE the amount of output on the Vol knob. I cant turn the vol up past eight, nine o'clock (at least when the sustain is past two o'clock)
    its too loud! Anyone notice when the sustain and tone knob are past
    noon that there is so theres some hissing noise? 'preciate anyones input and feedback.:D

MG

12. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

well for me the Screwdriver was awesome and versatile enough for me to sell the Eternity, the COT 50, OCD, Fulldrive 2 and the humble tubescreamer!
    The only other overdrives/distortions I kept were the Box of Rock, The Crunchbox and the Top Boost in a Can. This way I have all my overdrive and distortion needs well and truly convered. And as for fuzz, the Mayo and Pink Flesh mean I have all of my fuzz needs tailored for other than that vintage fuzz face and tonebender sound for which I use a Lovepedal BBB'07 and a London Fuzz. But I'm about to order a Lunar Module which will probably mean taking one of these off my board too! :)

13. fieldsroyal

fieldsroyal Member

This is indeed great service!!!! I had a similar experience with Joel over at HBE - I bought a used power screamer off ebay and my 3 year old basically fried it by inserting wrong power adapter - Joel fixed it free of charge. Impressive. I must try the Screwdriver as well........