Skreddy Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mojoman, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Mojoman

Mojoman Supporting Member

Guys,
    I just have to rave for a minute.
    I have received an Ernie, from Donner, and then my new Zero recently. These things are AMAZING.....they have feel and touch and tone. They are the best fuzz pedals I have played. I also have a Mayo in order.....should be done very soon. Cannot wait. Just wanted to thank Marc for making some awesome pedals.
    Therefore.....I think I need them all.....so
    Anyone have a Mayonaise they want to sell me or trade me??
    Actually any Skreddy pedals for sale guys?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Mayonaise vs Mayo

Aren't they the same?

3. Antero

Antero Member

Oh man. I want to hear the Mayo. The Zero has definitely been on my to-buy list for a while, but the Mayo might do the same things that I want... i.e. Billy Corgan vintage-muff tone...

4. Mojoman

They are supposed to be very close, but not exactly the same from what I understand because the parts he needed for the Mayonaise ran out.
    Thats what I had understood it to be.
    Am I right?

5. Skreddy

Skreddy Member

Correct. And thank you for your kind comments. So far, nobody but me has heard the Mayo. It's a very 'dirty', kind of dark sounding distortion. :cool: While it has much of the vibe of the old Mayonaise, it is different. It has a bit less of the singing quality and a bit higher noise content, but a strikingly similar 'vintage' voice. It sounds extremely oldschool!

Tip of the day: Try the Screw Driver if you want an early-70's classic rock overdrive; very much like the live Jimmy Page tones from How the West Was Won (clean/dirty touch-sensitive overdrive that goes from jangle to raunch depending on how hard you hit the strings).

6. Mojoman

Thanks for responding.
    No need to thank me for the comments......I thank you for making such a wonderful product. I see more Skreddy pedals in my future....

7. 50Cal

50Cal Member

On top of having great pedals, Skreddy's customer service can not be beat. Speaking from first hand experience. Thanks Skreddy.

Haiku36 likes this.
  8. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

glad you got it MM.... yeah one t hing I dig about skreddys stuff is t he range --- it has an amazingly full over the top sound at one end... BUT you can also dial it all the way down and its still very tasty and responsive , covers alot of ground.....:cool:

9. Onswah

Onswah Member

I spent the better part of 6 months trying to track down a mayonaise. there are 22 I found about 12 and every response involved "cold, dead hands" so good luck. If you find 2 let me know.

Meanwhile I'm waiting anxiously for my Mayo......

10. Mojoman

Hey,
    Though I would bump this thread instead of starting a new one.....I received Mayo #2 today and man it is another winner by Marc so far.....it is a little noisier than my Ernie or Zero, but who cares with this tone! I will play with it more and write more.
    And then the extra added bonus.....I will be able to do a Mayo vs. Mayonaise review soon, because I found Mayonaise #11 for sale and it is on its way to my house! (Sorry Onswah!!!!! If I find another I will let you know)

But I will check back and let you guys know more.

11. Onswah

Onswah Member

12. moodog

moodog Member

I've been jamming Big Muff's for a long time. I have to say the Zero is off the hook. My friend has one and it is way cool. We A/B'd it up against my DA MOAF and I have to say my DA MOAF takes the prize. Both do the pumpkins wall of fuzz thing way good. But the DA MOAF is like a few pedals in one by comparison. I have to check out that Ernie and see what that's all about. Too bad that Mayo is not being made anymore I've heard that one rocks.

13. Addicted toEF86

Addicted toEF86 Member

I absolutely love the tone that Page gets on that album. I will definitely be looking to get one soon.

14. RickB

RickB Member

I have Skreddy Top Fuel #1 and it smokes! :D

15. Antero

Antero Member

Did a Zero just sell for 500 on eBay, or am I hallucinating?

16. 50Cal

50Cal Member

Look at completed auctions, I think that 3+ have been sold at $500.

17. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

+1 on the Page tone! I emailed Marc about the Screwdriver, he gave me a very detailed description. In short, the concept is similiar to a Black Beauty Balance or Hell Billy, but it doesn't have full on fuzz capability like the BBB. Definitely has more "tweakability" than a HellBilly (which I think is an incredible pedal!) with it's internal trimmer to control overall brightness. Unfortunately, I opened his email at work so I don't have it on my hard drive here at home and can no longer retrieve it, otherwise I'd post it. Sounds like a great pedal, it's on my "want list"......:BOUNCE

18. Army of BONO

Army of BONO Member

Apparently I just bought the last Ernie :D

19. empty71

empty71 Member

Just ordered the Screw Driver and the wait begins:D

20. gururyan

gururyan Member

Can you get one in the orange Zoso paint job?...or was that just a one off?