Skreddy Rover Fuzz- who has one?

JJexp

Silver Supporting Member
I'm waiting on a Skreddy Rover fuzz and wanted to hear from anyone who has one. Curious as how it would work out with a Les Paul and an already dirty amp.

I have one. It's awesome. Sounds amazing into a dirty amp. (EDIT: It's a DR Z Carmen Ghia. I also used it with a Fender Champ 600. Both relatively dirty. BTW, I am playing with an EQD Monarch at the end of the chain, so it's always like a dirty amp)

It has only encountered one humbucker though. WRHB in the neck position of a tele custom.

Sounded awesome. Seriously. It's like a more versatile Kusanagi that will go more gnarly OR more refined.. Outstanding.

JJO

Platinum Supporting Member
I have one and I love it... but I'm using a Tele with low-output single coils into a pretty clean amp, so I can't speak directly to your concern. It's really well done, though, and the controls are very versatile and usable throughout their whole range, so I imagine it can be adjusted to work in just about any context.

ItJustRocks

I have a Skreddy Rover and think its stellar. I use it with single coils and its voiced in a sweet range that always super useful.

DSL74

Anyone stacking their's into a MIAB type pedal instead of a dirty set amp? Also, can the Rover get any Hendrix like fuzz sounds?

Skreddy

Anyone stacking their's into a MIAB type pedal instead of a dirty set amp? Also, can the Rover get any Hendrix like fuzz sounds?
I think it can do a great Foxy Lady fuzz, which is a pretty gnarly Fuzz Face with a bit of velcro-ripping response in it. Plenty of range to tweak with your guitar and post-dirt to get the kind of response you'd want, I'm sure.

DSL74

I think it can do a great Foxy Lady fuzz, which is a pretty gnarly Fuzz Face with a bit of velcro-ripping response in it. Plenty of range to tweak with your guitar and post-dirt to get the kind of response you'd want, I'm sure.
Thanks, Marc. Any suggestions on settings for Hendrix stuff? Also, should the Rover be placed before or after something like an Xotic SL Drive, or other Marshall in a box type or any other overdrive pedals?

Skreddy

Super simple. Between the Attack and Wool knobs you can find your preferred sound, I'm sure. No doubt it should go before a drive, but nothing wrong with experimenting.

Skreddy

One good thing about the Tone Bender MkII circuit that's an improvement over the Fuzz Face circuit is that its fuzz aka "attack" control is useful throughout its range, where a typical Fuzz Face gets darker and not as useful as you turn down its fuzz control.

Last edited:

InAbsentia

It's awesome. Does the tone bender thing for great Zep sounds, also roll off the volume and get some beautiful overdrive. Great great sounding pedal. I run mine into a slightly driven Marshall DSL50 and it doesn't have a bad sound in it.

JJexp

Silver Supporting Member
I finally got my Skreddy Rover Fuzz and immediately took it to practice, with minimal fussing about (at that moment...) it sounded amazing and cut right through the band mix effortlessly. Cleans up like a very good silicon Fuzz Face (Crest Audio FF?) but with that unmistakeable Tone Bender rasp. Great with the Les Paul and sounds even better with the humbuckers split into single coil. Now that I have time to mess with it, I just can't stop playing it! Thanks Marc!

InAbsentia

I love my rover. It scratched the tonebender itch I had for awhile, but, like the lunar module, I use it a TON as an OD with the vol backed off on the guitar. So many great sounds to be had.

SonexReducer

I just ordered the animal's rover from japan. It's going humbuckers / jtm 45. I'll be playing rhythm / chords with the volume knob rolled back i'm assuming. i was looking for both a nasty but semi-articulate sound and this may do the job. It's shipping from japan so... probably within 2 weeks i'll have it.

wiltel24

I just ordered the animal's rover from japan. It's going humbuckers / jtm 45. I'll be playing rhythm / chords with the volume knob rolled back i'm assuming. i was looking for both a nasty but semi-articulate sound and this may do the job. It's shipping from japan so... probably within 2 weeks i'll have it.
Cool, congrats. Been looking for a 'previously owned' regular version of the 'Rover' myself.

Last edited:

splatt

david torn / splattercell
just a bump for being late to the rover show; freaking great fuzz!
the Rover is just its own killer fuzz, ime, but wanders somewhere within spitting distance of the ToneBender MkII camp..... but with more range.
i think it's a familiar but still unique, cutting, sticky and/or greasy/fat range of voices with noticeable ToneBender snarl; it cleans up with the volume control really, really well, which's important to me.

Last edited:

splatt

david torn / splattercell
i've done 2 clips already, but here's today's one:

live improv; roving around, yeah.
i increase the "wool" as the clip goes on.
kinda ToneBenderish, i think, eh? of course, i ain't using it in the 'classic' sense: ha! oops.

no fuzz until :51s.

ronin supastah, rover, fryette æther, fryette PS1, DOD rubberneck, neunaber slate, blue mic, sebatron mic-pre.

@Skreddy

Last edited:

InAbsentia

Between the rover, lunar module, and pig mine, I feel like that's all the fuzz I could ever need.

The rover is trying to claw its way to my favorite over the lunar module, it's a monster fuzz.

Trending Topics