1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Skreddy Screwdriver arrived today!!!...check it!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by markom89, Sep 23, 2006.

1. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Hey Guys, my brand new Skreddy Screwdriver arrived today from Marc, and man oh man, what a sweet distortion pedal!!! Actually, I wouldnt even call it a disortion pedal really. Its like an overdrive, boost & distortion all in one, and it can perform at each task flawlessly. It is the third member to join my skreddy family!!! I now am able to say that I own the skreddy trio of death (Im wierd :))...I really like the colour Marc did for me. Its not able to show off very well on camera though, its like a candy apple red...I was originally supposed to get a ZOSO logo on it, but, he said hell ship me that one later;) Its all good. I plugged it into my Swart and right away I was able to get some killer OD tones with the gain set about 12:00 and sharpness 1:00. Then to get an all out balls to the wall distortion sound I turned the gain all the way up and sharpness to about 3:00. It works as an awsome clean boost, seriously. If you turn the gain all the way back and sharpness to about 9:00 you can get a great clean volume boost. Marc has really done it again with this pedal, and it has caused me to want to get in line for a top fuel which I heard can get some awsome sustaining lead tones...Im addicted to skreddy pedals!!! I wanted to pick up that zero that was for sale in the eporium but, found $320 a bit steep for it (Id still get it though...). Ill start posting some clips very soon guys, I promise. I just needa' go pick up an SM57 or something as the mic Im currently using really sucks and makes everything seem to bright. Ofcourse this thread would be useless without some pictures, so here ya' go boys. Cheers. Oh yea, this pedal cleans up like no other pedal that I have ever heard before. If you just roll off a bit from the guitars volume its like youre playing a totally clean amp with no signs of OD or distortion or anything, and theres not a terible amount of volume loss either. This is part of what makes this pedal so great, its also very sensitive (I find) to your pick attack and to how hard you strum and hit the strings. Cheers again. Enjoy.

Marko M.

Here is the skreddy trio of death...

[​IMG]

A shot of the screwdriver alone (man this colour is sweeeeet)

[​IMG]

And a shot of its guts...

[​IMG]

2. rewog

rewog Member

The Screw Driver ROCKS !!
    Well Done Marko
    :dude

3. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

thank you sir! I was also really impressed with those two controls on the side "brilliance" and "pregain". They really make a difference. On top of all that the LED is the coolest blueish-purple LED ever!!!

4. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

You've done nothing but increase my anticipation of getting mine! :AOK

I'm probably about 2 weeks out right now... pending if Marc can get his hands on the gold leaf and white LED within that time :D.

-Ben

5. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Haha, sorry bro. Yours sounds like its gonna look real purdy too! Man, the more I play it the more I love it, and Ive only known it for about an hour!!! Im oficially getting in line for the top fuel :)

6. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

That's good to hear! And I know... the Top Fuel is calling to me as well. It's such a 'specialty box', but if the Screw Driver knocks my socks off, I'll have to try a Top Fuel. :messedup

-Ben

7. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Man, I couldnt help myself...I just told Marc to get me on the list for the Top Fuel...Im weak when it comes to stuff like this:(:D

8. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Hey markom... how does it compare to your Box of Rock?

-Ben

9. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Well, its tough to say, while they are both distortion boxes, and both really good ones too, Id say that the difference is that I find the BoR to really sound like a cranked JTM45 and kind of a really in your face sounding distortion and find the screw driver to be more of a controlled distortion...I guess you could call it that. I also like that the SD can be used as three things in one and its really good at each one. Other than that I cant really compare them to be honest...;) Both really are great... but, different.

10. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

How fuzzy does the screwdriver get at the top end of it's gain?

Great colour btw Marko-very classy.

11. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Hey Realfi, the SD can get pretty damn hardcore fuzzy at the top end of its gain, seriously. Maybe not as much as the ? lady but...pretty close. It really helps to mess around with the "brilliance" and"pregain" controls, they make a big difference. Thanks for the comment on the colour, I love it. Wait till' you see the next SD that Marcs sending me, its the same colour but its going to have that zoso logo we all love...Its going to look amazing. Ill post some pics when it comes in! Cheers.

Marko M.

12. Sid

Sid Member

Marko my man....that is one cool skreddy fest you got goin...

Im curious....do you use any of those pedal together???

how does the top fuel and the screwdriver stack...

im looking for a mate for my screwdriver to smoothen things out and give some sustain:D

13. rewog

rewog Member

Sid - depends what sort of sound you're chasing, but I like to stack the SD with a Honey Bee, and it also sounds great into a Fuzz Face.

14. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

sid- I dont have the top fuel...Im ordering one.
    But, the SD stacks amazing with both the mayo and the ? lady. I love the tones I can get from those pedals stack. And yes, I do use them together. Ill tell you guys when I get the top fuel how they stack. Cheers.

Marko M.

15. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Now...if only I could get my hands on a mayonaise, ernie & a zero...then life would be good :)...Man, I was just playin' with the SD and man can it get some awsome low-medium gain OD tones...seriously. I gotta' really pick up a SM57 soon and record some clips. You guys have to hear this thing.