Skreddy Screwdriver back in production!

marvelboy_04

I've owned 4 (currently a mini deluxe and a sweet purple non deluxe). My favorite overdrive of all time, and that includes klones, the king of tone, Timmy, and many many others. I have always wanted to try the hybrid fuzz driver though. Interesting that he calls the screwdriver more fendery though. I've always thought it had a very Marshall sound but with a bit of tweed sag feel

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
I've owned 4 (currently a mini deluxe and a sweet purple non deluxe).
Nice. I've owned two non deluxes ( one blue, one red), two non mini deluxes (both blue), and also the mini deluxe (which is the only one I own now). When I had two boards I had to have a screwdriver on both!

I tried a HFD and put them side by side. The Screwdriver was more compressed and raunchy. While the HFD was clearer and brighter. Thought the HFD would replace it but preferred the SD by far and kept it.

Nice. I've owned two non deluxes ( one blue, one red), two non mini deluxes (both blue), and also the mini deluxe (which is the only one I own now). When I had two boards I had to have a screwdriver on both!

I tried a HFD and put them side by side. The Screwdriver was more compressed and raunchy. While the HFD was clearer and brighter. Thought the HFD would replace it but preferred the SD by far and kept it.
Conversely, I like the less compressed sound of the HFD. It's the perfect booster for what I do on guitar.

marvelboy_04

Hmm. That actually sounds really intriguing. Into a dead clean amp, I love the screwdriver and its touch sensitivity. Which do you prefer for cleanup ability?

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
here's a mild-mannered little improv with my old big-box skreddy screwdriver deluxe;
the pedal is always on, and my amp is kept about 97% clean.

ronin pinky guitar, fryette d120 into power station, digitech obscura delay + neunaber slate reverb in the PS' fx-loop, blue mouse mic, sebatron mic-pre, lynx aurora, logic pro.

ItJustRocks

Platinum Supporting Member
Ironically I had my eye on the perostroika pedal and the cephalopod and I see they went away. A bit more niche for me, but I think they would have been fun to kick on. I'm looking forward to the screwdriver mini deluxe. I had one years ago (non deluxe) and liked it but I hated the tiny side controls. Mini Deluxe looks like the way to go.

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
I still have my large box SDD. It is a swiss army knife OD for me. I too, would love to try the HFD, especially with humbuckers.

bradtfw

Silver Supporting Member
Just ordered one! Excited to have a Screwdriver again. I think it's going to sound great with my Hiwatt! Also, I really like that Marc lets you put down a deposit, rather than pay all up front.

sickboy79

This is a fantastic pedal. Highly recommended. Probably one of my personal favorite overdrive pedals. Interesting that Marc notes Fender/Tweed qualities in the description. I've never thought of it that way and my ears don't hear it, FWIW.

MasterEvan07

Gold Supporting Member
I had a HFD and really liked it. My leaning towards the HFD over the SD was due to something metallic in the high end of the SD I couldn't ever dial out. I would like to try it again and see if years and significantly different gear later it would be a different experience.

LordByron

The Dude abides!
This is a fantastic pedal. Highly recommended. Probably one of my personal favorite overdrive pedals. Interesting that Marc notes Fender/Tweed qualities in the description. I've never thought of it that way and my ears don't hear it, FWIW.
I am excited to see these in production, but now I am in a quandary. I was just about to pull the trigger (at long last) on a Lovepedal Amp 11 when I saw the Screwdriver was coming back into production. Anyone who has owned both have any input on how they compare to each other (acknowledging that they are fairly different beasts)?

I play mostly alt rock, southern rock, and power pop, through a variety of Vox, tweed, and blackface amps (in other words, light to medium crunch... very little high gain). I probably lean more towards P-90 single coils, but I also play a mix of Fender single coils and relatively bright HB guitars.

Any input in terms of directly contrasting and comparing the SD to the Amp 11, would be much appreciated.

Tompski

Gold Supporting Member
here's a mild-mannered little improv with my old big-box skreddy screwdriver deluxe;
the pedal is always on, and my amp is kept about 97% clean.

ronin pinky guitar, fryette d120 into power station, digitech obscura delay + neunaber slate reverb in the PS' fx-loop, blue mouse mic, sebatron mic-pre, lynx aurora, logic pro.

Really taseful and heartfelt playing there man!!!

Trending Topics