1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Skreddy Variants Information Thread

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Guitar Josh, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Skreddy

Skreddy Member

If memory serves, the last 2 Mayonaises initially had 2 alternative transistors in them and were both recalled and made whole with the correct 2N5133's that I scavenged out of the prototype.

2. sarumawashii

sarumawashii Member

So is this a mod that Marc now offers?

Also I have a little info on the Supa tone, It's not a lot but all I've got is that it's a grittier and more aggressive Big Muff of sorts. But still based off of the Supa Tonebender.

3. Skreddy

Skreddy Member

The original Zero was made with a board that does not have a space for a mids switch. Later ones, which use the board from the Mayo, do have a pad for one; but it's a special-request thing. The flat-mids tone stack engaged in a Zero take it out of the alterna-doom genre and into the late 80's butt-rock zone.

4. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon

To avoid confusion (if only my own), is a later Zero just a Mayo?

5. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

The Zero uses different transistors than the Mayo and the Zero is generally more aggressive and tight while the Mayo is looser and fatter throughout. They aren't the same circuit.

6. sarumawashii

sarumawashii Member

So how does one go about getting this mod done? I got my Zero around christmas time, so does that qualify as a later model?

7. Guitar Josh

So then, same board, but different parts.

8. whateverdude

whateverdude Silver Supporting Member

my supa tone will be here wednesday or thursday, i can't wait.

:hump:

9. Skreddy

Skreddy Member

Yeah; email me.

10. whateverdude

whateverdude Silver Supporting Member

i been buying pedals from marc for years, you can expect nothing less then top notch customer service.

11. sarumawashii

sarumawashii Member

You'll have to write up a review about that once you've gotten it. I should be getting one in a couple months as well.

Just emailed you.:wave

12. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

Love this thread.. I have a couple interesting Skreddies I'll post pics of soon.

13. rewog

rewog Member

This isn't really accurate Josh.
    Originally there was only one Lucky Charm (so it's not Lucky CharmS). It was built for "Last Nerve".
    I now have this pedal, and it does now have the Smokey Mod done to it, as noted on the back plate.

Apparently Marc has now built 2 more Lucky Charms with the 2 trimpots that modern builds have, but the original was built in 2006.

The Smokey Mod came about when I commented that the Screw Driver I had was a bit harsh and Marc insisted that I send it back, and he came up with that mod which later became standard... so before May 2006, all Screw Drivers were voiced brighter.

I still have the first Smokey Mod and I also have the Screw Driver prototype.

Here is a gutshot of the original Lucky Charm:

[​IMG]

And here's the family.. first Smoky Mod Screw Driver on the right and the Proto on the left.
    The Proto has no trimpots and has more bottom end than the other 2.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  14. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

Heres another Lucky Charm.

[​IMG]

15. Guitar Josh

Don't tell me *I* am inaccurate when I post the very link where the information was sourced. Not to mention that nothing in your post contradicts the information anyway.

16. rewog

rewog Member

Whoa.. settle down there fella.

You said this was meant to be a collaborative information based thread !!, and you also said:
    "NOTE - MUCH OF THIS IS BASED ON MEMORY, WHERE I AM WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME!!!"

So I try to do that and fill in the gaps, and you start going off ?
    Geez ! Is it about a collection of accurate information on Skreddy pedals, or about you ?

The link you posted makes no mention of, and has nothing to do with the Lucky Charm SD !
    And your text indicates there were multiple early SD's built with the Lucky Charm graphic, which is wrong.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  17. Guitar Josh

Now I see why people delete threads. You start something to try and help and you get this nonsense.

I'm not going to hand hold you through it. The linked post is part of a discussion about the LC. End of story.

18. Skreddy

Skreddy Member

Different graphics aren't what I'd necessarily call "variants." If I made a particular pedal with a custom graphic at a time when that circuit was configured a certain way, that's just the way I made it at that time. If somebody else sees a pic of that custom graphic and asks for another one, then the new one would be like however I was making them at that (later) time.

I really have to stop with the custom graphics, and especially things that could rightly be considered somebody else's trademark (like ZoSo for example).

I appreciate nerdery as much as the next guy, but I hardly think this type of information merits much passion and certainly not fighting.

19. zerorez

zerorez Member

I like all of Marc's graphics and desgins custom or stock, Thanks for chiming in Marc. Love my DSOTM Skreddy inspired Lunar Module that you were able to accomdate at my request.

[​IMG]

20. _sjm_

_sjm_ Supporting Member

His comment was "This isn't really accurate", as in "this information you posted isn't accurate". He never said "HEY, YOU'RE WRONG".

You act like he insulted the color of your purse or something.