Skreddy Variants Information Thread

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Guitar Josh, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Derelict King

Derelict King Member

I just put a deposit on the latest variant - the Cog Dis III. Give me something to look forward to at the end of the summer....

DK

2. rewog

rewog Member

Grow up & stop acting like a dick.

You shouldn't start threads in the first place if you're going to act like a petulant child whenever someone tries to help or provide info.

As Marc himself has pointed out, your whole premise for posting the Lucky Charm as a model variant was flawed anyway... it's just a design.

Duh.. that's what the pedal we're discussing is... and you posted it !

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  3. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

Ok... Back on track here.

Bass Mayo #0 Circa 2005.

Yes the graphics are really reversed. Sorry for the cell ohone pic.

[​IMG]

4. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon

I'll get this added to the main post B.

Don't worry about future derailments as I already blocked the troll so whatever nonsense he wants to spew in the future won't be acknowledged.

5. jffryds

jffryds Member

As a wannabe gear enthusiast who is perplexed by the sheer number of choices and flavors available on the market, I was really digging this thread until the part about 'deleting trolls' when in fact that person was making valuable contributions. And...poof! Nada.

6. churchofamon

churchofamon Supporting Member

Ernie... ?Love, or is there a bit of info out there about those?

7. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

There is info about the Ernie and ?Lady on the Skreddy website under "Old Favorites"

:hiP

8. Guitar Josh

Well, just so your facts are straight, I PERSONALLY blocked the troll, no posts were deleted. Others can see and judge the merits of the troll's posts if they want, I personally just didn't feel like dealing with the troll any longer.

Anyway, Marc himself seems to think this thread has zero merit so I guess that's that.

9. orogeny

orogeny Member

unless there's a new definition for trolling. . . he wasn't acting like a troll.

. . and his information was correct.

10. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

Maybe I should start a new thread or something... I just wanna see Skreddy pics.

11. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Member

Times 2; OP, let the guy back in, he has lots to share and was being respectful, not a troll. Tone is hard to convey and easy to misinterpret in text. You know what they say, chill out; it's the internet man. So switch to decaf OP and then get this thread done.

I'd like to get pics and info on the Ernie, all SD (std., dlx, mini, etc.), and LM series too. thank you by the way for an interesting, Skreddy Museum-in-a-thread. Much better than a pure pics thread to me.

EDIT: I realize this thread is a few months old, but there's no reason not to wrap things up as far as the resource goes.

12. BrianPhase90

BrianPhase90 Member

It would also be nice to delete all off topic and arguements out of the thread. Has the potential to become a fantastic resource. :idk:

13. Guitar Josh

Sigh. For the last time -

He's not blocked to ANYONE BUT ME. ANYONE ELSE can see his posts.

I'm not sure how simpler I can make this.

14. Guitar Josh

That would be cool with me Brian. You are a good dude with a ton of knowledge and I think you would serve something like this better.

15. Jasper

Jasper Member

Anyone know the exact difference and timeline between the Mayo and Mayonaise MKII?

The only info that's out there seems to be that the very first variant of this pedal was the Mayonaise (all vintage parts), then came the Mayo (mix of vintage and new). Not sure when the MK II was made...after the Mayo? In between Mayonaise and Mayo?

16. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

The Mayonaise is an exact replica of an original Triangle Muff. Exact same parts and original era transistors in the right gain values. Only addition is power filtering, DC jack, and LED.

The Mayo is the Siamese Dream pedal. It is a heavily modified muff circuit with a lot more bass and saturation. Many also had a mids switch. The ones without a switch are either scooped or boosted mids voicings. Aside from using 2N5133 transistors, this pedal doesn't have many similarities to the Mayonaise.

The Mayonaise MKII revisits the triangle circuit but this time with slight changes to accomodate for the original transistors that were higher gain than you would find in an original muff. The MKII also has a mids switch for usability purporses.

17. whoismarykelly

BTW - if people are interested in seeing examples of pretty much everything that has rolled off the Skreddy production line, check out this album of photos. Its public so you dont have to have a facebook profile to view it.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100483095769058.2772154.5709958&type=1&l=e45898e567

Barring random one-offs, different finishes (a Top Fuel and Pinkmour are the same thing for example), and special oddities, this is all-inclusive.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  18. Liquid_Mojo

Liquid_Mojo Supporting Member

^The link is down.

This content is currently unavailable

19. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

Yep.

20. whoismarykelly