Skreddy Wall Buster

Hi I was searching through EBay when I came across the Wall buster by the great Skreddy pedals , at a ridiculous price ? I have a few Skreddy pedals but never come across this model ? I have the Pink flesh and a Mayonaise 2 , believe it or not no 1 in production ! And both sound great . I know the transisters are becoming scarce but is the Wall Buster much different in sound ? Darren

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I would not doubt if I owned that one at some time. There are only a few. I've owned at least two of them. Great pedal.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
From my friend whoismarykelly:

. It uses all metal film resistors instead of carbon comps. Its very crisp sounding and is nice and clear even with high gain. Uses 2N5133 transistors. The idea was to be ideal for cutting through in a high volume live performance situation.

Great pedal ? Is it worth the big bucks ? I must admit I hoard pedals but never had the chance to get one ! You were lucky as there were only a few made !

Skreddy

I'm sure the price is reflective of its rarity and collectibility. I had designed that particular version with Dave Kilminster in mind, since he was playing on The Wall tour. Turns out Dave does not care for Big Muffs at all and was using a different sort of gain pedal altogether (now the particular one escapes my memory). But I made a few. It's really close to the v1 triangle knob in design, not ultra-saturated but not too tame either. But yeah, with the metal films its a bit less noisy than a vintage muff and has a tiny bit more tonal clarity and cut than one made with carbon comp resistors.

100JH

Is this it? $950?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/332075289655?_mwBanner=1

Sounds intriguing but not at that price. Love me some Skreddy. For me? Top dollar is 500 to 600 for uber rare Skreddy's (my budget limitations).

After going through a bunch Muffs and variants? I have one: GMP BC-239 and love it (the only other thing that I have been seeking is the GMP 2N5828 version...always that meandering mind!)

Last edited:

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm sure the price is reflective of its rarity and collectibility. I had designed that particular version with Dave Kilminster in mind, since he was playing on The Wall tour. Turns out Dave does not care for Big Muffs at all and was using a different sort of gain pedal altogether (now the particular one escapes my memory). But I made a few. It's really close to the v1 triangle knob in design, not ultra-saturated but not too tame either. But yeah, with the metal films its a bit less noisy than a vintage muff and has a tiny bit more tonal clarity and cut than one made with carbon comp resistors.
Last i seen Marc, Dave was using a Suhr Riot for his dirt. That was during the wall tour a few years ago.

Thanks for the information , your pedals are fantastic and well worth the money I just realise it's a sellers market with the rare / desirable ones ! You are making a small number of Pink Flesh and Mayo again are they available ? Unfortunately I live outside the USA .
Regards ,
Darren

Skreddy

Thanks for the information , your pedals are fantastic and well worth the money I just realise it's a sellers market with the rare / desirable ones ! You are making a small number of Pink Flesh and Mayo again are they available ? Unfortunately I live outside the USA .
Regards ,
Darren
Occasionally, when I have parts available. Shoot me an email to get on a small waiting list in case some come up.

DeVilleDude

My P19 is amazing, and I WILL own a LM some day, but the price point that many out of production pedals are achieving, regardless of brand, has left me in the dust. Im not saying they're not worth it, that's not for me to judge. And collecting rare ANYTHING is fun. It's just not within my budget.

Trending Topics