Skyway

Stevo57

Silver Supporting Member
Had a great time with Rick and the boys on Sunday. Man I can't get the sound of that tremolo out of my head, and it's a looker to boot.

i got a crack at that axe for an entire jam tune & gotta say that's - wait, let me think about this...okay - mebbe the perfect vibrato. i was divebombing all over the place, chorusing, pulling up a whole step, then a minor third (just enough so i could hear it & not bug the other players)...and when it was all over, played me an A6 and the intonation was right where i started.

wunnerful. well done, Rick :dude

:cool:

trisonic

Keeps looking better.....

Can we persuade Rick and/or Bill to offer up some clips for us plebs?

Best, Pete.

DerekMinnich

Originally posted by MightyGuru
Is there a link to the Skyway tremolo? I can't find anything googling it. TIA, MG.

www.skywaymusic.com

I'm really looking forward to getting my new Chapin with my Skyway....it was the final ingredient in putting that guitar completely over the top and I can't wait to develop my technique around it.

Originally posted by splatt
jeff.....
just for my interest:
which strings were you up-pulling a whole-step and a m3rd?
thanks,
dt / spltrcl
2nd & 3rd together, some. 2nd & 3rd & 4th separately for single-note stuff.

and whole chords (six-finger 7ths & five-finger 9ths & a couple 5-string 13ths) (mostly half-step & whole-step)

muddy

Originally posted by splatt
jeff.....
just for my interest:
which strings were you up-pulling a whole-step and a m3rd?
thanks,
dt / spltrcl
HEY!!! izzn't you s'posed to be in london listening to pressed rat & warthog?!!!

ml

big mike

Gold Supporting Member
Yup Yup. Always a pleasure Jamming with Rick, and playing with that BADASS trem.

Neill

Can anyone compare the skyway to hipshot. Is it that much better as far as functionality goes? Tonally I would imagine it would be fairly hard to compare (variables).

big mike

Gold Supporting Member
Hipshot is a great evolution of the Fender style bridge.

Skyway is revolutionary (my opinion of course). Much smoother, completely unique setup. Very very cool.

Jim Soloway

Is the Skyway an actual shipping product yet, or is it still in pre-production? I'd love to put one on one of our guitars, but it's been a long wait.

Originally posted by Jim Soloway
Is the Skyway an actual shipping product yet, or is it still in pre-production? I'd love to put one on one of our guitars, but it's been a long wait.
i asked Rick and said either it's in production or ready for production - dang me, i fergit which :jo

PlexiBreath

Nice picture! I've been waiting to finally see the new Skyway bridge, and I must say the wait was worth it, that's a classy looking piece of guitar art! I've played the old design Skyway and was blown away by it's performance as well as the engineering concept behind it, it didn't look bad but it didn't look like something that could become a classic, but this new sleak design looks like something of classic lines that won't look dated 30 years down the road with lot's of heavy pro use wear.

My hats off to Rick for a perfectly executed design!

John Kelley Brown

Testudo

I had a chance to chat with Rick on Sunday, as well as see the new design! It is an incredible product. I only had a brief chance to fiddle with a Skyway-equipped guitar this time, but the pleasure of listening to Rick and Jeff putting it through its paces was worth the price of admission.
There is some upcoming news on the Skyway, but I will wait for Rick to chime in on that. I know Skyway-equipped Chapins are in the works.

big mike

Gold Supporting Member
Well, it was in the prototype phase until recently. Anyone that got one to this point basically halted production to get it. Rick is done, and they're ready to go. Innovation is not created easily.

big mike

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by BrewBeck
so i'm the guy who halted production!
;)

btw having prototypes out there is an important part of "production" and provides crucial information to keep things moving in a positive direction.

props to my bro rick!
Yup. I agree. Hope the flow will happen now. Should be very cool.

Trending Topics