SLA-1 fan replacement?

I need to replace the fan on one of my SLA-1 units. While I'm at it it would be nice to put something that is quieter than the original fan was back when it was new and functioning.

Anyone know where to find the part I need? I looked around a bit and have not had much luck so far.

Thanks.

RiftAmps

Why do you need to replace it? Is it not functioning?

Measure the voltage across C53, should be 12v or so. If that's the case, replace the fan. If there's no voltage, you need to check T3 thermal switch before any further diagnostics.

Here's the schematic - http://bmamps.com/Schematics/ART/art SLA1.pdf

It shows a 12vDC fan, not sure on actual size.

Go to your nearest electronics shop and see what they have. I'm sure they'll offer both budget and premium versions

RiftAmps

Could be the thermal switch or any of the components in it's power supply. Usually fans either work or they don't.

TimmyP

Once you know the size, Newark have a good selection of fans, some of which are reasonably priced. Make sure you get a 2-wire fan, not a 3-wire fan (the third wire is speed feedback I believe).

You might be able to remove the sticker and plug, lube the bearing, and the sticker back on. I've managed to quiet a few in this way.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom