Slash gave Joe Perry his 59 Les Paul back

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by VintagePlayerStrat, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:17 AM.

1. VintagePlayerStrat

VintagePlayerStrat Member

2. Kostas

Kostas Member

Different players and most important different tone. Perry has a cleanish sound, Slash is using more gain. Perry has a great vibrato and his selection of notes is impressive, IMO. I wish he was playing in another band though.

cutaway, Someotherguy and Benderp like this.
  3. HoboMan

HoboMan Silver Supporting Member

4. Sawido

Sawido Member

This is actually really interesting. I'm currently reading Slash's autobiography and I just read the passage where he got the guitar the other day lol.

VintagePlayerStrat likes this.
  5. WBellman

WBellman Supporting Member

There's a one hour Slash doc on one of the streaming channels. This subject is discussed at length with Joe on camera.
    Came away from the doc having a new found admiration for Slash. The dude has been eating and sleeping rock guitar for decades,
    and he'll probably pass away with his hands on an LP. :rockin

monty and VintagePlayerStrat like this.
  6. VintagePlayerStrat

VintagePlayerStrat Member

I saw that doc. Highly recommend. I believe Slash bought that Paul for $8k at the time and it had also been in the hands of other great players.

Slash almost single handedly made Pauls cool again and is a big reason they fetch what they do now, IMHO.