• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Slash UYI tour MIAB

hal9000ht

Hi,

I am looking for a MIAB pedal that emulates Slash UYI tour tone. The second tone I lke most would be UYI tone and after that AFD tone.

Which one should I get from Alexander Jubilee, PAL 034 or PAL 800?

Thanks

I think the Marshall Jackhammer would do a real good job with this. Also check out the Boss Power Stack. The sound knob set straight up at noon gives a great Slash tone.

If you're looking to spend more bread, maybe the Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret or Friedman BEOD.

ProfessorA

Pidgin is actually right: the Marshall Jackhammer does a surprisingly good job (in overdrive mod) in emulating Slash's tone. I personally didn't believe it until I tried it myself......(and it is a very cheap pedal).

Out of the three pedals you mentioned, you definitely want the PAL 034: I have one, and it really is as close as I have ever gotten to Slash's tone with a pedal.

The Alx Jubilee and the PAL 800 are great pedals, but the PAL 034 is as close as you are going to get to the approximation of Slash's UYI tone with a pedal.

indeedido

Silver Supporting Member
You want the pedalpal. JCM800 or 034 will get you there. No offense intended but I find the jackhammer to sound like garbage.

MNoir

Tech 21 Sansamp. The rack mount unit if you’d like to be exact. Just saying...

hal9000ht

Thanks guys, I'm ordering the 034. While it arrives (2 weeks at least), what decent 'cheap' option may I use? Tone City Golden Plexi, Marshall Jackhammer or something else?

Classic09

If you need a Marshall in a box right now, presumably for practise or gigs, get one of the Mooer preamps. They’re relatively cheap especially used.

jazzfromhell

Thanks guys, I'm ordering the 034. While it arrives (2 weeks at least), what decent 'cheap' option may I use? Tone City Golden Plexi, Marshall Jackhammer or something else?
The Golden Plexi is really great. The Jackhammer is a piece of garbage.

ProfessorA

To each its own, and I respect everyone's opinion, but the Jackhammer doesn't sound like a piece of garbage here:

Or here, for that matter... (Slash tone):

I repeat, used in Overdrive mode (Distortion mode is unusable) is capable of fairly decent tones - and for what it costs, it is not a complete rubbish of a pedal imo (and yes, I have one and still use it every now and then, despite I have more "high end" pedals like the Carpe Diem, La Grange, Menatone the King, Tech21, Skreddy HFD, Zvex BoR, Pedal Pal 034 - just to mention a few...).

Last edited:

ProfessorA

If you need a Marshall in a box right now, presumably for practise or gigs, get one of the Mooer preamps. They’re relatively cheap especially used.
If you (OP) cannot wait for the 034 to arrive, I would second the above and recommend the Mooer Pre-amp 012 for Slash's tones (I have it and can conjure up fairly decent Slash sounds out of it). The 034 is far superior though.

jazzfromhell

To each its own, and I respect everyone's opinion, but the Jackhammer doesn't sound like a piece of garbage here:

Or here, for that matter... (Slash tone):

I repeat, used in Overdrive mode (Distortion mode is unusable) is capable of fairly decent tones - and for what it costs, it is not a complete rubbish of a pedal imo (and yes, I have one and still use it every now and then, despite I have more "high end" pedals like the Carpe Diem, La Grange, Menatone the King, Tech21, Skreddy HFD, Zvex BoR, Pedal Pal 034 - just to mention a few...).
I have to agree, the Jackhammer sounded fine in those clips. Its been a long time since I owned one and when I did I don't remember it sounding at all like that. User error most likely.
Thanks for posting this, I think I have to check it out again.

Trending Topics