Slide guitar on more recent recordings ?

bagpipe

Can anyone point me to good slide guitar tracks on more recent recordings? I know that I've heard slide guitar on the radio on some of the more recent country/rock, or "bro country" recordings, but I don't recall on which particular ones. I tried the Google but it wasn't really very helpful. It kept producing links to pedal steel instead.

2leod

Re-Member
I like what Harry Manx and Kevin Breit are doing together - Harry does an Indian influenced slide he calls Mysticssippi and Kevin does all the outside stuff as well as some fun ukulele in ways you wouldn't expect. I love this whole album!

They have a fairly deep catalogue, so check out their other stuff too.

Sweetfinger

Gold Supporting Member
What do you consider "recent"? In the blues world you can still be touring on your "new record" from 5 years ago.
Any particular genre?
There's Mike Henderson's latest:

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
The Bro’s Landreth. Both Joey Landreth snd Ariel Pozen are superb slide guitarists.
I was going to post this. Ariel seems to have recently emerged but I'm sure he's been at it a long time.

As far as I know, Derek Trucks and his wife, Susan Tedeschi are still making music. Snarky Puppy has a few tunes with Mark Lettieri playing slide.

2leod

Re-Member
Big Wreck's Ian Thornley plays a lot of slide on their albums (as well as his solo releases) but not featured in a "Hey look, I'm playing slide now!" way. He has mad skills though.

GeorgeNada

There is pretty killer slide (by Jason) all over the great Jason Isbell records.

Isbell is a great slide player, he keeps it pretty understated on the records, but his phrasing and tone are killer and always fit the song so well.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom