Slide Guitar Seminar with Sonny Landreth!!!

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by geoff_hartwell, May 22, 2008.

1. geoff_hartwell

geoff_hartwell Member

Howdy Friends!

I'll be teaching a Slide Guitar seminar this summer in Chicago with my friend and special guest Sonny Landreth. Here's a link:

http://www.guitarworkshop.com/guest.php?quest=Sonny+Landreth&guestID=26

I'll also be teaching a seminar called "Sweet Southern Harmony" on how to "play nice with others" in harmony, AND how to get those dual harmonies BY YOURSELF with just one guitar quickly and easily. Here's another link:

http://www.guitarworkshop.com/seminar.php?campus=CT&seminar=Sweet+Southern+Harmony&seminarId=60

Please post here, or send an email to geoffhartwell@geoffhartwell.com if you have any questions. I've done these things before and they're a BLAST!
    :)
    Geoff

2. TonyV

TonyV Member

I have picked up your DVD and really cool stuff in there that I can actually play! After viewing your video you have influenced me to switch from pinky to middle finger, so far with good results on intonation and using other fingers for chords.

Kepp up the good work.

3. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

I've taken a week-long seminar with Geoff on slide, and I've watched him play with Sonny and Cindy Cashdollar, and basically, the dude kills! If you are interested in learning slide from a guy who loves to teach, you owe it to yourself to make the trek to Chicago this summer for the workshop.

4. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Geoff,

What level is this workshop going to be geared towards?

I'm a 40yo pro player.....I play a lot of slide already, but wouldn't mind some advanced lessons, to spruce things up.

cheers,

Jim

5. geoff_hartwell

geoff_hartwell Member

Thanks guys!

It's gonna be another killer week, to be sure.

As far as levels go, it's beginner through Pro. We'll be doing stuff all over the map from the most basic to the most advanced, including utilizing notes on both sides of the slide a la Sonny Landreth. And the best part is, we'll have classroom time alone with Sonny, as well as the performance that's open to the rest of the campus.

Typically, the class has around 10 students so there's a lot of personal attention to each student. But again, it is a class, so there'll be wildly varying levels of experience. I've had students from true beginners to stone-cold pros who have been playing for 40 years, and everyone has come away with a great experience and new concepts.

Who else is on board?
    Geoff

6. geoff_hartwell

geoff_hartwell Member

Holiday weekend Bump!

Come Hang with us at the NGW this summer!

There's other guests as well such as Steady Rollin' Bob Margolin, Hubert Sumlin, Duke Robillard and John Scofield too!

Geoff