Slinky .. Super Slinky .. Hybrid Slinky more

AXEnGEAR4J

Slinky fan probably always a Slinky fan.
Been using them for years ('73) .. haha :eek: Had those little fluorescent Slinkey insert cards posted all over in my A framed attic bedroom with a black light and posters :cool: .. It was either Slinky or Super Slinky or Light tops heavy bottoms.

Now there are a bunch out, higher grade Slinky?
What up? You like?

indyrunner03

I started playing guitar in the mid90s using Super Slinkys but moved to Slinkys a few years ago. I wouldn't mind trying the 9-46s, though, just to see what a lighter gauge high E feels like after playing 10s for awhile.

Jim85IROC

I run the regular Slinkys (10-46) on my Strat and Tele, and the Power Slinkys (11-48) on my Les Paul and my Ibanez. I prefer the sound of 11 e strings over 10s, but they get hard to play on fender-scale guitars if I'm doing a lot of bending.

Jim85IROC

I run the regular Slinkys (10-46) on my Strat and Tele, and the Power Slinkys (11-48) on my Les Paul and my Ibanez. I prefer the sound of 11 e strings over 10s, but they get hard to play on fender-scale guitars if I'm doing a lot of bending.

T Dizz

I use regulars on my standard and half step tunes guitars. on the D standard tuned guitar I use a Beefy Slinky

I can only use coated string due to the acidity in my hands. Normally I use Elixir's 10-46 but I just picked up a set of Ernie Ball 10-46 Coated Slinky's. Think I'll put them on my Strat as a tryout. Hopefully the coating is just a thick as Elixir's because the ClearTone coated seem to wear out faster than Elixir's.

AXEnGEAR4J

It always seems to come back to Super's in most cases unless the guitar is used a lot for rhythm

soundmuppet

Platinum Supporting Member
Super Slinky on the strats and Hybrid Slinky on everything else.....which is Reverend, PRS and Gibson.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom