1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

SLO-100 Warren Haynes Mod

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by gtr777, Oct 24, 2005.

1. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

I'm sure this has been discussed here before but from what I heard this mod is quite easy to perform. Is it just a matter of removing the bright cap across the OD-gain Knob?

I posted this in the amp forum but I really should have posted this here as it is a technical question.

Thanks for any info you can offer.

2. bob-i

bob-i Member

3. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

This is great information. Thanks for that link, it's much appreciated!!!

4. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

I did that on an older HR 50 I had, NOS power tubes and that made a HUGE difference for the better (warmer)
    I put a mini toggle but it never got used

I also did a lowend boost mod in the power section, don't remember what it was but they told me.. it gave it a lot more thump

5. rebob

rebob Member

can't help with the tech stuff, but i saw Gov't Mule last week in Vancouver. .

now that's fine sounding amp live! the guitar player's pretty good too ;)

cheers, bob

6. dogg

dogg Member