Slow Going

les

Platinum Supporting Member
Trying out some new delay and reverb settings…

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/les_thomas/slow-going[/SOUNDCLOUD]

boblazz

Silver Supporting Member
nice ,very soulful playing, les! love the tone. can you post your delay/verb settings ?
your guitar is sitting in the mix really well. you got a nice subtle bite as well!

les

nice ,very soulful playing, les! love the tone. can you post your delay/verb settings ?
your guitar is sitting in the mix really well. you got a nice subtle bite as well!

Thanks so much for the comments…

For delay, I'm using SoundToys EchoBoy plugin, with 450ms of delay, 100% wet on the bus.

For reverb, I'm using a UAD Lexicon 224 Reverb plugin, Small Hall B setting (solo) 100% wet on the bus.

Do you think there is too much reverb? I kinda wondered about that…

boblazz

Silver Supporting Member
Do you think there is too much reverb? I kinda wondered about that…

everybody tells me "if you can hear it.. its too much". i just do what sounds good to my ears. like i said , it sits good in the mix to me. and it gives a nice "big" or live sound to it. i like it right where its at.

JParry335

Yeah! Really nice.
I dig the whammy bar stuff. Subtle but rockin'.
Rockin' but smooth.
Smooth but.....
Yeah. It was gooooood.

journo

Hi Les,

Playing is outstanding as is the dynamic guitar sound.
I do, however, think the guitar is a bit to wet. I my ears it will probably sit better in the mix with slightly less "space grease".

Cheers,

Mats N

kirk95

Jazz Lines You Can Use in the Blues
Sounding great Les!

Try putting Echoboy as a plugin "on the track" rather than on an Aux bus. I think it sounds much better that way... not sure why, but to my ears it does.

les

Hi Les,

Playing is outstanding as is the dynamic guitar sound.
I do, however, think the guitar is a bit to wet. I my ears it will probably sit better in the mix with slightly less "space grease".

Cheers,

Mats N

Thanks Mats, less space grease - a new name for a tune!

Sounding great Les!

Try putting Echoboy as a plugin "on the track" rather than on an Aux bus. I think it sounds much better that way... not sure why, but to my ears it does.

Thanks Dave, appreciate the feedback!

Classic Les goodness!!!!!!!!!!! Always a great listen!!!

Thanks so much Stephen!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom