slow Peter Florance - voodoo pickups

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Timster, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Timster

Timster Member

What's up with Peter Florance of Voodoo Pickups.??

I ordered some '59s for my singlecut trem close to five months ago....still haven't received.

He doesn't respond to emails...what should I do??

Anyone else have problems with him??

By the way, I love these pickups - I have a pair in both of my Les Pauls...but this waiting is getting ridiculous...

2. tubetone74

tubetone74 Supporting Member

I had a nightmare of a problem with him earlier this year.
    Too long to detail here. Bottom line he lost a pickup I had to send back to him. NO reponses to numerous emails and calls. Finally out of frustration I had to send a very firm email stating that I had no other option except to file a complaint w/ consumer affairs if he would not help me. I then received a phone call from him the next day. I had a friend that had a pair of his pickups and I was very impressed. Unless he has improved his business skills are just not there. I hate to post negative stuff but it is true. Sad to say but if he was the only person left on earth that made humbuckers I guess I would not be using humbucker equipted guitars anymore.

3. Timster

Timster Member

did you ever get your pickups?? or did he refund your money??

4. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

I know what you are going through - It took a lonnnnnnnnnnng time to get any movement on the '59 set I ordered earlier this year.

I parted with the money once he claimed he had the pickups in stock. His first Emails with me were immediate. Weeks later, I called a number of times leaving a message. I emailed too - he didn't answer my Emails. Regardless of the time of day, he was never there - I had to leave a message every time I called.

Out of the blue, he Emailed and said "your pickups have been shipped." Two weeks later, I still hadn't got the pickups. By luck, I called and he answered. I asked why he said he shipped and two weeks later, I hadn't seen the pickups. His excuse was that he thought I was another customer. He shipped immediately after that call. He is the slowest of slow performers.

I like his pickups but would NEVER recommend them on the basis of customer service alone.

5. tubetone74

tubetone74 Supporting Member

Timster: I asked for a refund. I will not do busines w/ him again. Life's too short.
    Leofenderbender: Agreed. This guys customer service will kill him in the long run.

6. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

I had a decent experience with him (though I would not say he was friendly).
    I received my pickups within a week. Maybe he's going through something . . .but 5 months is ridiculous. Nice pickups by the way.

7. Fireball XL5

Fireball XL5 Supporting Member

Judging from my past exprience with Peter Florance I'm shocked to hear about all the issues people are having...I too wonder if there isn't some sort of unrelated issue(s) that are causing the problems?

When I ordered my 59 humbuckers from him back in 2003 I had nothing short of fantastic service. Everytime I called with any questions he immediately answered the phone and was extremely friendly, helpful, and forthcoming with any advice or info. I placed my order and received my pickups in less than a week!

Hopefully he can straighten things out because his pickups are fantastic!

8. Dr Rico

Dr Rico Member

I love my Voodoo 59s and 60. I know somebody that often has some voodoos around to sell or trade. He posts on this board now and then. If anybody is interested in his contact info, PM me and I'll steer you that way...you may get semi-instant satisfaction.

9. MK.II

MK.II Member

That was my experience with Peter too! But it was also 2003 when I ordered mine. I placed my order over the phone because I wanted a special wind. He answered the phone the first time that I called, and he was very friendly, courteous and helpful. I recieved my '59's in about 4-5 days. About 2-3 months later I odered another set and had just about the exact same experience as when I placed my first order. I really like the pickups too. No complaints here, although this was 2 1/2 years ago. Sounds like things have changed. Good luck!

10. ray j

ray j Member

+1. I also ordered mine in 2003 and got them right away. Best pickups I've ever played and I highly recommend them. Sorry to hear people are having trouble getting them because they definitely rock.

11. 57special

57special Member

A friend of mine ordered pups from him back in 2002 and experienced the same sort of crap. His CC was debited right away, and then he had to wait mos, till he kicked up a huge stink.
    Years ago, back when he was Wood'N Guitars, he was better, but still flaky.
    There are too many good choices out there in pups to put up with that kind of crap.

12. mojowrkn

mojowrkn Member

I have had two dealings with him - both about 2 years ago. The first transaction could not have gone better. Was quick and friendly and the pups were nice.

Not long after I used him again and sad to say I had the same results as the others here. It took over 6 months to receive and I had paid up front. All the while getting emails saying he would send them out the next day etc. Finally had to practically beg to get them.

The product was nice but there are too many options to deal with bad customer service IMHO.

my $.02