1. Pat of the Dead

Pat of the Dead Member

Anyone know a good Ibanez/ Maxon sm-9 copy or something really simalar? Yes I could just go buy one they are only $150 or so used, but as much as I love the 9 series i find they are awkward to turn off an on compared to button types and the like.

[​IMG]

OR! better yet, if I get one who is willing to do a rehouse?

2. wiklund87

wiklund87 Member

3. sutherland

sutherland Supporting Member

The SM-9's board is completely loaded....essentially 3 TS-9 with additional clipping diodes. The chance of finding a clone/derivative will be tricky (just because the build is fairly intensive). Rehouse, however, would be the best route.

This1myne and Basic Audio are two that immediately come to mind. BUT before you get it rehoused, send it to Analogman...I hear he can perform the Super Mod to the pedal!

4. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek Member

What's the super mod do to the pedal? I have the SM9.

5. Pat of the Dead

Pat of the Dead Member

Thanks, i figured it was pretty loaded. Ive seen one clone. That is a button switch unlike the 9s 10s and pretty much every other ibanez/ maxon pedal.
    [​IMG]

But only found a schematic to go with it. No buy, or buy kit. And since soldering seems to be friggen impossible for me because of my very fond love of coffee, it's a no go.

I will check out analogman, didn't know that was in his repertoire. :beer

6. MERCYFULFATE

MERCYFULFATE Member

i have two SM9s. one i sent to Keeley who is just up the street from me and he worked his magic. amazing is all i can say.

theres nothing like an SM9.