SM (Scott McKeon) Fuzz Pedal

Chrisev27

Hello!

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to ask as this is my first thread on this forum but here goes;

I’m looking to part way with my Scott McKeon Fuzz, it’s gigged with but in great nick. I know they are pretty hard to get hold of now and I can’t find a listing that has sold recently so it’s hard to get an angle on asking price. Of course, I don’t want to be ripping anyone off, but at the time it’s pretty limited.

Just was looking To see if anyone had any thoughts. Thanks!

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
Not sure. I did see one for sale on the emporium a few months ago. They wanted somewhere around $500-$600 for it. I have no idea if it sold. You could check the archives.

I remember when you could buy them new. They always looked pretty cool. I get they are rare...but are they anything special? I just don't know.

is it a fuzz-face type pedal?

Tonefree

Gold Supporting Member
The McKeon is a sweet fuzz, thick vintage voiced and really good cleanup on the volume roll off. Yeah, the one in the emporium was in the $600.00 range I think. GLWTS..

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
Cool fuzz. I had one or two from the original run. AC128's I believe. It was sputtery and thick. FWIW, I've seen that Scott is working on a new version that will include an Octave Up circuit. He's working with B.G. Harding who's making some sweet Zonk Machine clones.

Oh... and if you're a SM fan -- his most recent EP with Ben Jones is INSANE!

Chrisev27

Thanks all, I’ve tried searching the Emporium and can’t find an old listing.
It may mean someone gets a bargain when I put it up for sale as $600 seems a lot!

Chrisev27

My advice: Stop low key fishing for sales here and become a Supporting Member, so you can list it in the Emporium. Else you’ll run afoul of the Mods...

Hi, thanks for the advice - I’m new to the page and was only looking for some comments on a market value; I definitely wasn’t looking to push a sale.

Only became aware of the Emporium after posting so thanks again for pointing me in that direction

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
My advice: Stop low key fishing for sales here and become a Supporting Member, so you can list it in the Emporium. Else you’ll run afoul of the Mods...
You do actually have to be careful with that - I've been a supporting member for years and received an infraction that's gone now, but it was given for simply saying "I had X PEDAL available If anyone was interested". It was in the mix of conversation in a thread too... so definitely pay the $12 a year and receive the full bounty of the emporium ;)

Blue-moon

Gold Supporting Member
Hi, thanks for the advice - I’m new to the page and was only looking for some comments on a market value; I definitely wasn’t looking to push a sale.

Only became aware of the Emporium after posting so thanks again for pointing me in that direction
So now you have the info, delete the thread, become a member and list the pedal.

johnh

Please don’t delete the thread - it’s been useful to promote some SM discussion. I didn’t know he had a new EP out.

The OP didn’t seem disingenuous to me. But maybe I’m too trusting. I never thought he was fishing.

Trending Topics