Small board question and what to stack with an LTD SR?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brewbaker, Dec 20, 2009.

1. brewbaker

brewbaker Supporting Member

I'm looking to have a switchable lead tone that has more distortion than the LTD SR. Wondering whether it should go in front or after too.

Love the LTD for mild grit and tone enhancement but would like to have another option for a small board that consists of a Diamond Comp-->LTD-->DD2->Hermida Reverb-->JamMan. Looping is fun...I'm plugging this into a modified Champ with bigger iron and an EL34/Hellatone 30, so it's going toward Marshall territory (not scooped Fender) at moderate club volumes.

Any advice appreciated!

2. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

I checked out your stuff....I love it! Anyways, I'm enjoying a Small fry stacked before a LTD SR. Putting my most transparent pedal (LTD) last. The small Fry is very versatile and can do the Steely Dan fusion lead tone in a heartbeat.

3. brewbaker

Hey--thanks! I have a Small Fry on a bigger board. Love the Barber stuff.

4. Jules-RM

Jules-RM Member

LTD SR stacks great with just about everything. My favorites are my Keeley Rat 2 before or Barber Super Sport after for extra gain - mostly for rhythm. For leads I've been using a Skreddy Top Fuel (after the LTD) on and off for a while now.

5. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

Another one is the Tone Pump. A 2 in 1 pedal that is on sale from Barber's web site for $150(normally $225). I use that pedal on my small board for space saving and the LTD/ SF combo on my large board. Both boards have a DD for the over the top stuff. Yeah, I'm still listening to your album. Really soulful, easy to listen to groove. I dig it.

6. brewbaker

Hey--I'm really glad you like the album. If you feel so moved please leave a review on Amazon (just search on me in Music) as the reviews really help visibility and sales. A couple of comments is all that's needed. Thanks again--I'm checking out the Tone Pump--great deal.

7. brewbaker

Are there Barber pedals that derive their sound from the tone pump. Kind of like the Small Fry and the Burn Unit? I'm trying to get an idea of how clean you can get the first channel to see if it could take the place of an LTD SR.

8. EXP

EXP Member

Yeah, through my rig it stacks well with just about anything I throw at it. Fuzz/OD's/TS whatever. It also makes my wah more pronounced and vocal.