• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Small bombproof pedalboard

bigben55

I want to upgrade my small pedalboard. 5 pedals, already have them. I'm talking about the actual board itself. So far I'm thinking a Pedaltrain Nano+ and a T Rex Fuel Tank Jr. But what other options are out there? Most of the ones at the big online stores look junky(SKB, etc). Recommend me a good one I'll never want or need to replace.

chrisross

Nano+ and Cioks DC5. This comes up every once and awhile and it's almost unanimous that's it's the best configuration for a small board. I have a DC5 under a pedaltrain metro, and an Adam under a Nano.

bigben55

That looks good; too bad they don't seem to have a smaller one. If i bought that, I'd "have" to buy more pedals to fill it. I have no willpower.

bigben55

Nano+ and Cioks DC5. This comes up every once and awhile and it's almost unanimous that's it's the best configuration for a small board. I have a DC5 under a pedaltrain metro, and an Adam under a Nano.
How is the Cioks better than the Fuel Tank Jr? I see there's 9/12/18v options, but all my stuff runs on 9v (currently a One Spot).

chrisross

How is the Cioks better than the Fuel Tank Jr? I see there's 9/12/18v options, but all my stuff runs on 9v (currently a One Spot).
Because it fits under the board with no modding needed, except drilling two tiny holes using the template.

Or you can just Velcro it under.

Cioks was made to go under the nanos/metros, fuel tank wasn't

bigben55

Here's what I'm working with. Exactly 18". The Nano+ is also exactly 18" side to side. Think it'll fit?

jota

That looks good; too bad they don't seem to have a smaller one. If i bought that, I'd "have" to buy more pedals to fill it. I have no willpower.
They still do the Nano. Don't know if you can fit all of the 5 pedals.

chrisross

^So if you WANT to have five 9v plugs, can you with the Cioks?
Yes they can all be set to regular ole 9v, and it fact it ships that way. There are little dip switches that you can flip to change to the higher voltages, making it more versatile for future purchases.

But again, the DC5 can and does have 5 9v taps.

Here's what I'm working with. Exactly 18". The Nano+ is also exactly 18" side to side. Think it'll fit?
If it fits, it fits. Pedaltrain's dimensions are 100% accurate. If it says 18", it's 18". So if you lined out your pedals and it came to 18 exactly, then your pedals will fit, but there will be no space on either side, which is perfectly acceptable.

MoonshineMan

Whatever you end up with, send it over and I'll have my kids test it out for you. For $20, I'll let the dogs at it.
THEN you'll know.

Phletch

Trending Topics

Top Bottom