• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Small Combo for Clean/Blues

jonny toetags

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for a small 1x12 for clean/blues and was wondering what you guys recommend?
I've never played a combo except for a Classic 30, so my knowledge is very limited.
I don't need 2 channels, 1x12 would be nice, preferably under 500$ used.
The tones i am looking for are similar to the clean strat tones that were on the '07 Crossroads Festival.

re-animator

absolutely I would recommend the fender deluxe reverb reissue. Can sound good clean or dirty... straight up or with pedals. A very classic, very useable sound.

scottlr

Clean? A BF Princeton NON-reverb is very clean, and takes pedal very well if you want dirt, AND at a reasonable stage volume. A heavy handed drummer might be a problem, but one with finesse and you'd likely be in heaven! I wish I was gigging right now so I could use my 66 Princeton live. After all those years of being told to turn down, if I'd have had this amp, that would have NOT been a problem.

rul8agn

Maybe a Pro Junior with a BarbEQ in front of it set to "blackface" could suit your needs. Being only 15 watts you can crank these and get some nice breakup when needed.

bluesmain

That lil Peavey Classic 30 is bang for the buck a great little amp on the clean channel. I never used the gain channel on mine.

mmcquain

I too have a Classic 30... also like the Peavey ValveKing 112... 2 channels (if you change your mind and decide you want it) WITH SEPARATE TONE CONTROLS (very nice IMO).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom