Small Firewire Interface

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by bigroy, Jul 16, 2006.

1. bigroy

bigroy Member

Looking at the M-Audio 410 or Presonus Firebox. Any other recommendations? I'll use it to get some vocal/guitar etc into my computer sequences. Mostly for songwriting.

2. d7music

d7music Member

I'm a big fan Presonus gear. I don't have the Firebox, but I have two BlueTube DPs and a Digimax. They sound great!

The singer I work with had an M-Audio 410 and had a firmware problem he could only update with a Windows computer, not his Mac.

In the meantime, he bought a MOTU interface and likes it a whole lot better than his 410.

3. reaiken

reaiken Member

I have the Presonus Firepod and I love it. I assume the Firebox is the same circuitry for the channels.

Randall Aiken

4. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

My son uses the M-Audio unit, and it's also an excellent little box. In fact, he just cut tracks with it that are likely going to wind up on my Epcot Center project. They sound really good.

5. bigroy

bigroy Member

Thanks for the input, I just snagged a Firebox (lightly used) on eBay for $125, so I should be in business...

6. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

That's a good deal man. I'm sure you'll like it. I just got one a while back and it works great and sounds great.

-Brenton