Small Input/Output Interface for a Pedalboard (Underneath a Pedaltrain)

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
Looking for 2 small interfaces to connect an input and an output on a pedalboard. Something small, that I can mount underneath a pedal train to plug in and out of easily. What are some options on the market?

mixn4him

Silver Supporting Member
F that loop master guy you'll send him money and never get it. Search "Junction Box" on ebay, got a nice one from a guy just recently. Also American loopers has lots to chose from..

denmalley

8len8

I just bent a piece of sheet metal into an "L", drilled holes in it, mounted 1/4" recepticals, and spliced guitar cables to them. That's the simplest and smallest solution I could find.

ColonelForbin

Are you just looking for a patch panel?

Something like this from btpa?
http://btpa.com/PP-0012-02.html

Then fill the holes with whatever "D-hole connector" you want
http://btpa.com/D-Hole-Connectors/

These have a 1/4" jack on both sides so you can just plug a cable into either end
http://btpa.com/MC-3368.html

Or you can solder a wire onto the part going under the board:
http://btpa.com/NJ3FP6C.html

These guys are stellar! I have a bunch of cables they made, great people.
I should look into that; actually seems pretty simple, one patch panel and two of the 1/4" double ended parts.

pp-0012-02_front.jpg

mc-3368-238f.png
mc-3368b-238f.png

pp-0012-02_wb.jpg

Also highly recommend Goodwood Audio Input. It has a buffered jack with two outputs and a passive jack that can be used as a mono out if desired. Or, if you need that as a second input, you can get their Output which can also sum a stereo signal to dual mono. Very great products by a great company.

BT Pro Audio

Have you noticed any grounding issues or extra noise with this?
There shouldn't be any sort of grounding/noise issues. All connectors (if you are using proper connectors) are isolated, from each other and the panel itself. For instance, on a Neutrik 1/4" connector you will see a small screw on the side of the connector with rubber underneath it. That is actually where the ground signal is and the rubber isolates it from the entire connector, thus isolating it from the panel. Its really the exact same logic as a rack panel.

Therefore, if you have any sort of noise issues, I would check your connectors & if you soldered the connectors - check your soldering as well.

Broomz

Got a Loop-Master box. In my hands 11 days after clicking "buy". Not as fast as Amazon Prime, but nothin out of the ordinary either.

foshjoster

+1 for the Empress Buffer. I have it dual locked and tied to the bottom far-side of my board where i plug into it, send it into all my pedals, then the signal returns to the buffer and output goes to my amp. its really great, and i think i got mine for $70. poor mans goodwood interfacer if you ask me lol

MartinCliffe

GigRig Cinco Cinco is a great affordable patch bay. More than you need, maybe, but it's very well made and compact.

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
Just make sure you check the return policy for any manufacturers of junction boxes. Some of them have "absolutely no refund/exchange" policies - even for non-custom (straight off their shop page) units. Recently purchased a basic junction box from an American company who makes Loopers and such. Found the dimensions listed on their site to be slightly off enough to make the unit too big for the place I was putting it. Politely asked for an exchange for a smaller (and less functional) unit to meet my needs....was equally politely denied because of their policy, which is nicely outlined when you click on a few tiny links at the bottom of some pages. So have a nice $35 paper weight now. Will get sold, but still annoying nonetheless.

I get that these units are often "made to order"...so that's why I'm just saying MAKE SURE you get the one and size you need, and check for a policy like this FIRST. Trust me.

Ninja Gaijin

There shouldn't be any sort of grounding/noise issues. All connectors (if you are using proper connectors) are isolated, from each other and the panel itself. For instance, on a Neutrik 1/4" connector you will see a small screw on the side of the connector with rubber underneath it. That is actually where the ground signal is and the rubber isolates it from the entire connector, thus isolating it from the panel. Its really the exact same logic as a rack panel.

Therefore, if you have any sort of noise issues, I would check your connectors & if you soldered the connectors - check your soldering as well.

Just got your patch panel and one of your field through connectors, hoping no issues! :)

Now at: https://www.templeaudio.com/shop/product/mod-4jpm-4-way-jack-patch-module-308?category=6

I was considering that but I wanted to split two connectors either side of the board, one pair for inputs and one pair for outputs, so I went with Best-Tronics myself. You can buy these units at stores though so if it didn't work it would be easier to return.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom