• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Small Luthier Appreciation

wichita

Guys there are some great builders in the World and I have had an opportunity to play many great guitars having done demos for a lot of them.

I have to say that some of my favorite builders as craftsmen and humans have to be
Charles Whitfill
Bill Asher (and his lovely family)
Ken McKay (just great at 335's and a wonderful human)
Avi and the folks at B&G
Palir Guitars (John and Katie are wonderful folks)
Gene Baker, anywhere he has been.

I don't own guitars from all of these guys but have had great experiences with them.
When you are dealing one on one with a luthier its always great to like the people as well as the product.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
There really are some wonderful people out there building incredible instruments. Many of them are members here. I've gotten to play or owned instruments by some of the best.

Too many great builders/guitars, not enough time and money.

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Guys there are some great builders in the World and I have had an opportunity to play many great guitars having done demos for a lot of them.

I have to say that some of my favorite builders as craftsmen and humans have to be
Charles Whitfill
Avi and the folks at B&G

I don't own guitars from all of these guys but have had great experiences with them.
When you are dealing one on one with a luthier its always great to like the people as well as the product.
Well said Lance. I have had fabulous experiences with Terry McInturff, Doug Kauer and Chris Kroenlein. Not to mention Dan Strain.

Dig the heck out of their products. Dig the people even more.

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member

Charles Whitfill
Avi and the folks at B&G

I hear ya! Some really wonderful folks out there.

Yep Avi and the crew at B&G, I‘ve got Little Sister #101
Juha Ruokangas
Frank Hartung
Matt Artinger
Anthony Sims building Lucky Dog Guitars, I was his very first customer
Joe Knaggs
Simon Law
Bartlett
Lentz

And let’s not forget Cliff and Patty over at Destroy All Guitars. The place to find out about some amazing builders!

not a great pic, but finally got all the custom builds in one shot.

theon

Silver Supporting Member
My 1st and only boutique build is this Jason Z. Schroeder Oversized Tedesco. Bastogne Walnut top/back/neck/Honduran Mahogany core, Pernambuco fretboard. Amazing build quality and sound!

Jason is a fine luthier and a great human being. 20200320_164129.jpg

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
Yup - I got my Whitfill from Cliff & Patty at Destroy All Guitars and had a stellar buying experience (as always) and a fun chat with Cliff. I also had a nice e-mail exchange with Mr. Whitfill. Oh and: it's a great guitar.

Trending Topics