SMALL midi footswitch for Pigtronix E2D (again...sorry)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jsytsma, May 6, 2015.

1. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

My last thread on this was a bit fruitless (maybe I wasn't specific enough).

Basically...I need a small midi footswitch. Disaster Area's smallest most basic footswitch size. But they don't jive with Pigtronix apparently. Anyway...can anyone help?? Looking for something with two switches no bigger than a Zvex pedal

2. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Build one yourself with an Arduino board or pay someone else to make it for you.

3. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

(by the way I did look into all your examples and appreciate your help - none of them had exactly what I'm looking for)

I'm so no technically savvy, but maybe I'll get my friend who is to take a look and see how doable it is.

4. Blakemore

Blakemore Member

I use a Disaster Area DMC3XL with my Echolution 2 Deluxe to scroll presets.
    I had no idea they were not compatible, but they work together in my rig.

5. slowth

slowth Member

Yes I think the dmc ones will easily scroll thru the presets.

The current firmware might not allow tap tempo midi clock or bypass.

6. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

That's my impression but I'm waiting to hear back because the DMC-2 is all I need for it

7. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

So I've been chatting with the guys at Disaster Area (they seem like they're just the best!) - they're working on a firmware revision to run Pigtronix E2D on a DMC-3XL which is the perfect size for my board.

8. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

What would you use the third button for? I'd be interested in the DMC2 for preset up/down, but with tap right on the E2D I don't see a real need for the bigger/pricier 3XL.

9. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

I need to double check it with them, but for my purposes I want all basic control of the pedal - Mainly bypass and tap tempo - I have the E2D on the 3rd row of a Pedaltrain-Pro and want ease of access. I think you can assign it to be whatever you want it to be - one to be TT, one to be bypass, and one to scroll presets?? Presets are less important for me.