Small Pedal Board for sitting

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dovedescending, Jan 24, 2015.

1. dovedescending

dovedescending Member

So I sold my Boss RC-300 and got a Pigtronix Infinity instead. The Boss was just too big to use while sitting, particularly because my cello is mounted on a tripod right in front of me. Because it's difficult to manipulate a bunch of pedals,I want to get a Digitech RP360XP to sit next to the Infinity on a small pedalboard, which should give me everything I want effects-wise with requiring a whole lot of stretching on my part. So that being said, should I shell out for a premade, inclined board, or just keep everything flat on a piece of plywood or something? Does anybody see an advantage to an incline for use while sitting?

2. dovedescending

dovedescending Member

So I guess nobody has an opinion...

3. corbetta

corbetta Supporting Member

If sitting, I think a single-tier angled board might help you hit the switches without having to lift your foot too high. Then again, if I have to use pedals I'd almost always rather stand (and I'm classically trained so I'm used to performing sitting down)...you may have to experiment.

4. Campfired

Campfired Gold Supporting Member

A slightly inclined board works. Here's a pic of mine that consists of a PT-PRO, some 1x3 and some composite board...the composite board is angled the same as the PT-PRO. Adds some height to the board mostly...

[​IMG]

5. seth3

seth3 Member

Inclines help a bit, for sure. Maybe try putting your pedals on the floor, at home, and playing for a bit to see if it works. I play guitar while sitting, and my little, homemade board has a slight incline which I find helpful.