Small Speaker for modeler?

Meals

I can't wear headphones due to a hearing loss issue, otherwise that would have been my first stop.

Does anyone use one of those small Bluetooth speakers for modeling? Smaller than a studio monitor, just something I can have sitting out in the living room that sounds good at low volumes. Most of those Bluetooth speakers have an Aux In, so in theory this should work. It doesn't have to be Bluetooth, it just seems those are all that see being sold in stores. Can anyone recommend something with a small footprint?

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Larry Mitchell uses these awesome little Bose, I think they are, BT speakers..in the video he did where he showed them, he was in his hotel room warming up for a gig and they sounded way better than they should have..

I AM MEDUSA

Use a
I can't wear headphones due to a hearing loss issue, otherwise that would have been my first stop.

Does anyone use one of those small Bluetooth speakers for modeling? Smaller than a studio monitor, just something I can have sitting out in the living room that sounds good at low volumes. Most of those Bluetooth speakers have an Aux In, so in theory this should work. It doesn't have to be Bluetooth, it just seems those are all that see being sold in stores. Can anyone recommend something with a small footprint?
Use a Beats Pill+

Works great, petite, solid like a brick, has potential to get loud and is highly portable. (Just trim back the volume a tad to avoid clipping distortion.)

EasTXan

For some reason there is excessive latency when connecting my FHFX to either a JBL flip2 or the equivalent Oontz spkr with a cable. PC speakers are fine.

Billinder33

I have one of those small Laney's. Mini Lion (I think) with 2 3" speakers. When playing guitar, I actually prefer this to my $1200 Dynaudio studio monitors.

During practice, I find the 'focus' of having guitar coming out of a single speaker vs. spread across a stereo pair to be a lot more natural and less fatiguing.

lauwing

be aware that there are latency on the aux input of some bluetooth speakers because they are using DSP EQ. I have heard Ikea bluetooth speakers are good for modeler, but I haven't tried them myself.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom