Small Stone Color Switch

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Blakemore Effects, Feb 5, 2012.

Do you use the color switch?

1. I leave the color switch on.

2. I leave the color switch off.

3. I switch between the two settings.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Blakemore Effects

Blakemore Effects Member

Just curious if any of you other Small Stone users use the color switch? Personally, I leave mine off all the time. Just curious how many do and don't use it.

2. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Just picked a Nano the other day and was experimenting with the color knob. I prefer it with the color off but the color can be an interesting little feature. Im glad its there! I was experimenting with Jeff Becks Freeway Jam and with the color on it really nailed it for me. I referring to the live Freeway Jam with Jan Hammer of course.

3. RBfan

RBfan Member

By & large I leave it off, definitely when using dirt pedals, mainly due to that feed back. I got the AM mod, but the feedback is still pretty unruly. Playing clean or with light dirt, though, it sounds fine & the feedback sort of adds a dimension. Even with more dirt the color on setting can sound cool, with the right song. But you probably don't want to overuse that sound, it's pretty intense, at least in my experience.

T

4. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Member

I leave it off when I set it for a lighter phase, and turn it on when I want something really crazy.