Small, Tap-Tempo, .8, Analog-voiced Delay?

WillLane

Surely this one gets asked at quite a seldom rate! :hide2

I am curious about delays with the parameters I have described in the title. I am looking to build a small, direct-capable board. Currently I have the Fulldrive 2 and Sansamp Liverpool on pedalboard planner on a Nano+. I can fit two more of the standard size pedals up there, and one that I have been looking at is the TC Electronic Flashback. I will probably use a HOF Mini with a tone print for verb.

Is the tempo strumming for the Flashback very obtrusive you think? How loud does the strumming have to be for the pedal to pick it up? Could I set a Flashback Mini on a tone print set to .8s?

What other delays would you recommend?

Extra points if you find a delay+verb combo. I thought about the Moby Dick from Hungry Robot but it does not have subdivisions. I may just go with that and learn how to tap .8s. :worried

Last edited:

ckalinec

Diamond ML Jr. All day every day. Great analog voiced tap tempo delay. Loved it. Only reason I don't have it anymore is that I put a DMMTT on my board. I would buy another one in a heartbeat though

72Telecaster

Brigadier is my favorite. Just beautifully voiced w/ modulation and tap (and a bunch of other features).

wrightdude

You can learn to tap .8ths... like anything else... takes a little practice...

The strum on Flashback works as advertised but does "mute" 100% while strumming it in... so to "re-tap" (as it were) mid song requires a gap in your playing....

Gibs210

Line 6 echo park is another good one, if you can find a used one in good shape. I always liked the tap function on it better than on the boss dd6/7 or the DigiTech offerings.

JazzGtr

Not small, nor cheap, but one of the best analog, tap tempo u can hope for. And it's always on.

Fuchs Plush Replay Jr Tube Delay Pedal.

Jazz

CEFlint

Obscura fits the bill nicely. Easy to use and sounds extremely good.

Also the Neunaber Echolution sounds great and has a nice twist on tapping for a one button pedal.

Trending Topics