• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Smaller board..?

Msboy2011

Thinking about going with a smaller board and running a rack out front of it.

Rack:
Tuner
Compressor
Drawer(s)
In the far off future a wireless rack unit?

anything else?

Pedalboard:
Everything else?

Thoughts anyone?

niclake13

Seems like you're just adding another thing to haul around.

If you're a pro gigger, have a bunch of rack-mounted effects or a MIDI switcher, and/or a lot of cash to spend, go for it.

mcdes

Member of no importance
yup, more to lug around......

i just got the pedal board tamer, rack like, with presets (enough presets for me anyway), so i can change on the fly, but i play alot.

AdamRandall

What is a rack even for? I always see pro bands playing live with racks, but there's just like a tuner and a million switches and they all have pedalboards...?

Sorry for n00b question

niclake13

AdamRandall, some of the "best" effects are actually rack-mounted. Couple of delays and reverbs especially come to mind. Also, there are many people who put all their effects pedals into shelves in a rack, then use a patch bay and a MIDI controller in order to access all of those.

If you're playing frequent gigs, never change your settings, have cash, and possibly a roadie or 2, these can be quite nice. For example, John Petrucci of Dream Theater uses a custom switcher to access all his gear. To change from song to song, he hits the "Next" button, and all of his buttons are ready to go for that particular song. One button could also activate a massive number of effects, saving the need for the "pedal dance" most of us are accustomed to.

So, depending on what you do with your effects, a rack system can either make your life simpler, or much more complicated.

AdamRandall

Thanks, I just never really knew. I'd definitely have one if I could, but I don't play anywhere, ever. haha.

Bedroom rack= rat in a shoebox.

Trending Topics