Smaller set screws for Gotoh 510 tremolo bridge.

leftybill

Silver Supporting Member
Hello, I am looking for a few shorter set screws for the above bridge. Could anyone tell me the size, or where I may be able to find them?
Thanks

Qmax

Can't help you on the size but I'd imagine it's metric. I just ordered some M3 6&8mm for a music man trem from Monsterbolts (diablo tuning) off of eBay.
Quick shipper and they are stainless steel screws.

Steve_U1S

Silver Supporting Member
The Gotoh bridge uses M3 x .5 screws also, as above. Not sure of the length of the stock ones, but I think it's 10mm.
So the above mentioned 6 and 8mm length ones would probably be ideal.

1radicalron

The Gotoh bridge uses M3 x .5 screws also, as above. Not sure of the length of the stock ones, but I think it's 10mm.
Yes, this is correct. The M3 8mm fit my Old Suhr Strat perfectly. There is a supplier on Ebay selling them in 100 pack.

mistermikev

if you have ace hardware by you... bring one in and you'll find all sorts of variations on what you need. I've done the sm.

galibier_un

Silver Supporting Member
Yup, I have one of the harder to find versions with bent steel saddles, and this thread inspired me to break out my M3 screws.

I had put off doing this until determining how high I wanted to float the bridge assy.

The screws in the saddles were 10mm long. Just pull one out and verify the length, to determine how much shorter works for your setup.

MCMaster ships quickly.

... Thom

Last edited:

Trending Topics